If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

31 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I don't know what Harold Landry's contract looks like, but I think I'd rather take him over Garrett

In all fairness I haven't seen that much of Landry, but Myles is the closest thing I've seen to Bruce since Bruce himself.  Great against the run too.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I would much rather go with Rousseau and Epenesa. I know they’re not in the same stratosphere as Myles Garret but they’re both B+ starters with upside.

That’s a fair assessment and probably exactly where they are in terms of a talent pool. 

The only point about Myles is he really is a consistently good every down end. Sets the edge against the run great and is a top end pass rusher. 

probably like Maxx Crosby, TJ Watt and Nick Bosa; the elite, even quality pass rusher is few and far between than it ever has been. Very few over 10 a year now. 

like @Miyagi-Do Karate said, he’s their heart and soul. Doubtful they consider trading him unless it’s a stupidly ridiculous offer 

Edited by Sojourner
  • Like (+1) 2

Add Miles Garrett to this roster we instantly are close to the Super Bowl favorites. The guy is a game changer on defense that we do not have right now. He will make everything around him better. At only 800 K this season any team would be crazy to not want him. Even at 20 million the next couple years that is somewhat cheap for one of the best rusher in the league. Think about it, a guy like AJ is going to get like 10 million a year. The difference between Garrett and aj is enormous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

55 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wonder if our 2nd & 4th plus a pick next year could get talks going?

We’d still have a 1st, 2nd, two 4’s, a 5th and three 6’s. 

Im fine with his cap hits next year and the year after.   It would be our “splash signing” a year early, with a contract that we can fit right now. 

Zero chance. Anyone saying something less than two first round picks doesn’t know how good Garrett is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1