If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

Their QB is a disaster.  An albatross.  And is now all of that with a major injury recovery ahead of him.

They’re in blow it up territory. 

Garrett has been a good soldier for them, but it’s probably about time they restock the cupboard and give him

a chance to win.   Nevermind his disgust today with the Cleveland fanbase.  

When I look at our team, the only thing I see missing is consistent pass rush…

His contract is easily absorbed this year and then he’s under contract for two more years at heavy cap hits, but those are also two prime Garrett years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Their QB is a disaster.  An albatross.  And is now all of that with a major injury recovery ahead of him.

They’re in blow it up territory. 

Garrett has been a good soldier for them, but it’s probably about time they restock the cupboard and give him

a chance to win.   Nevermind his disgust today with the Cleveland fanbase.  

When I look at our team, the only thing I see missing is consistent pass rush…

His contract is easily absorbed this year and then he’s under contract for two more years at heavy cap hits, but those are also two prime Garrett years. 

I know this is a hypothetical, but I have many friends and family members who are browns’ fans, and Garrett is the heart and soul of that franchise. It would

be like the patriots trading Tom Brady in his prime. Seems unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

I wonder if our 2nd & 4th plus a pick next year could get talks going?

We’d still have a 1st, 2nd, two 4’s, a 5th and three 6’s. 

Im fine with his cap hits next year and the year after.   It would be our “splash signing” a year early, with a contract that we can fit right now. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I know this is a hypothetical, but I have many friends and family members who are browns’ fans, and Garrett is the heart and soul of that franchise. It would

be like the patriots trading Tom Brady in his prime. Seems unlikely. 

He also seems to value staying in Cleveland.  Things could change quickly though.  If he left, I don't know if fans would be jumping off buildings or being happy for him to go to a team that could find success.  I know Cleveland fans hated to lose Coop but were also happy for him.  This fan base realizes what a sh*t show their franchise is and they are helpless to change it.  It really sucks to live among.

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Oh my god tell me you dont know football without telling me you dont know football. Selling away our future for a dude who costs a fortune in cap space!!

He doesn’t cost hardly anything. He has a cap hit of less than a million this year. If what I saw earlier today is correct. Just like Cooper did. And his next two years aren’t guaranteed either. He can be a rental just like Adams would have been and Cooper may be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

He doesn’t cost hardly anything. He has a cap hit of less than a million this year. If what I saw earlier today is correct. Just like Cooper did. And his next two years aren’t guaranteed either. He can be a rental just like Adams would have been and Cooper may be. 

So you give a 1st 2nd 4th and Rousseau for a one year rental?? Yeah, no. Trading for him is not impossible, we could get him for a 2nd and some additional picks but I doubt that will happen.

• Haha (+1) 1