KC vs. Buffalo's record a microcosm of the Allen/Mahomes debate

Success

When are football fans going to understand:  football is a TEAM GAME.  In fact, there are 53 players on each team, as well as coaches. All contribute to a team's success and failure.

Here we have KC at 6-0, and Buffalo at 5-2.  Allen has 15 TD's and no INT's.  Patrick Mahomes LEADS THE LEAGUE IN INT's.

And people will still say "Mahomes wins more than Allen," as though we're talking about tennis or golf.  Clearly, Mahomes has the best coaching in the league - and they're proving that by an undefeated season when they have lost their top 2 WR's and top RB, and w/ their QB having a fairly pedestrian season. 

Allen often has to actually overcome some of his team's coaching blunders. It's rare that coaching helps him out & wins a game even when he's not at his best. That happens quite a bit w/ Mahomes.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Success said:

When are football fans going to understand:  football is a TEAM GAME.  In fact, there are 53 players on each team, as well as coaches. All contribute to a team's success and failure.

Here we have KC at 6-0, and Buffalo at 4-2.  Allen has 15 TD's and no INT's.  Patrick Mahomes LEADS THE LEAGUE IN INT's.

And people will still say "Mahomes wins more than Allen," as though we're talking about tennis or golf.  Clearly, Mahomes has the best coaching in the league - and they're proving that by an undefeated season when they have lost their top 2 WR's and top RB, and w/ their QB having a fairly pedestrian season. 

Allen often has to actually overcome some of his team's coaching blunders. It's rare that coaching helps him out & wins a game even when he's not at his best. That happens quite a bit w/ Mahomes.

agreed.

Consider too how poor in the clutch our ST and defense is compared to KC’s.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why don’t they want to admit Allen is a HOF great already? What are they afraid of? 

“He will never be accurate” 

“He is sugar high Josh!”

”He’s a turnover machine!” 

12 TDs. 0 INTs. Never been done in the history of the NFL to start a year. 

They don’t realize that the joke is on them. 

Wait til the rings come. 

Edited by ToGoGo
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Chiefs have the best defense in the league. Their offense isn't particularly scary right now. But we've all seen how they can muddle through the season and then turn it on in the playoffs.

I don't really think the Mahomes vs Allen debate really matters. The Chiefs vs Bills debate matters more, and the Chiefs are a better, more consistent team than the Bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Chiefs have the best defense in the league. Their offense isn't particularly scary right now. But we've all seen how they can muddle through the season and then turn it on in the playoffs.

I don't really think the Mahomes vs Allen debate really matters. The Chiefs vs Bills debate matters more, and the Chiefs are a better, more consistent team than the Bills.

They are. They are better run & better coached.  I don't think that's disputable.

• Like (+1) 2

The Chiefs have played a real schedule to this point.  The combined record of the teams they've played is 21-18.   They've beaten both the Ravens and the Bengals.   The Bills meanwhile have played teams with a combined record of 19-25 and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.    They were blown out of the water by the Ravens.   Let's pump the brakes on this for a bit.   Josh laid an absolute egg against the Texans.   Josh is fantastic but Mahomes is better until Josh proves otherwise, and he hasnt.    Reid is a better coach than McDermott, but Josh has been the reason they've lost games too.   He plays even the slightest bit better against Houston and thats a win. 

Personally, if played today I think the Bills would lose to KC, Baltimore, Houston, and Cincinatti.   

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Chiefs have played a real schedule to this point.  The combined record of the teams they've played is 21-18.   They've beaten both the Ravens and the Bengals.   The Bills meanwhile have played teams with a combined record of 19-25 and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.    They were blown out of the water by the Ravens.   Let's pump the brakes on this for a bit.   Josh laid an absolute egg against the Texans.   Josh is fantastic but Mahomes is better until Josh proves otherwise, and he hasnt.    Reid is a better coach than McDermott, but Josh has been the reason they've lost games too.   He plays even the slightest bit better against Houston and thats a win. 

Personally, if played today I think the Bills would lose to KC, Baltimore, Houston, and Cincinatti.   

Party pooper. 

• Haha (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, Success said:

Here we have KC at 6-0, and Buffalo at 4-2.  Allen has 15 TD's and no INT's.  Patrick Mahomes LEADS THE LEAGUE IN INT's.

We are 5-2 bro. Dont sell us short!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We are 5-2

And the Chiefs are 6-0. Not, Mahomes is 6-0 and Allen is 5-2. That is the OP's point.

Speaking of the QB's.

Allen is statistically the best QB in the league by several highly regarded metrics.

Mahomes, by most metrics is statistically an average or even perhaps below average QB after today's games. 

Edit: I see you are correcting OP's post. I thought you were slighting Allen as being 5-2 and Mahomes 6-0. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

5 hours ago, Success said:

I agree and disagree.  

Mahomes has the duo of Reid & Spags  - the best head coach/opposite side coordinator duo in the league.   In contrast, Allen has McD and a rotating cast of OC wannabees.

But both QBs have had to overcome, at times, bad decisions by their coaches.  And both QBs have had the advantage of playing for a good head coach in a league that has some bad ones.  

But yeah, Reid & Spags have helped Mahomes win Lombardis and make his reputation.  

• Like (+1) 1

KC's offense has been off to at LEAST as many sluggish starts as the Bills this year and Mahomes is throwing picks. Yet their defense has been so dominant for 3 years now that it can completely shut down their opponent - any opponent - as long as it takes for the offense to finally get its act together and put together a drive. 

But sure... it's always all about Mahomes.

9 hours ago, Success said:

I’m tired of hearing Allen doesn’t have any help. He’s got a very decent running game to shoulder the load when things aren’t clicking

40 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It's not a team game. 

Here i will prove it to you.

Close your eyes and imagine Mitch Trubisky as the Bills QB.

Now open your eyes and tell me if the Bills even win one game with Trubisky as QB.

They'd have beaten Miami and Jacksonville IMO. But that says more about the failings of those teams in those games. Our D won us the Miami game and Jacksonville's total ineptitude won us the Jags game. Last night's is an interesting question. Tennessee and Rudolph especially (who I think is v similar level to Trubisky) were clueless second half, but the Bills couldn't really get much going on the ground excluding the one big Davis run. So they had to win through the air. If that is Trubisky it's a 13-10 either way type game. I lean towards we'd probably be 2-4 with Mitch, possibly 3-3... but I think Arizona is a convincing defeat and Houston is as much of a blow out as Baltimore was. 

11 hours ago, Success said:

Success, I like your posts, but probably a typo.  We are actually 5-2.  I did check to make sure you posted after the game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

If we played Houston or Cinci with the team we fielded yesterday, I think we win.  

KC and Baltimore should be considered better, but we can take both teams