If Brian Daboll gets fired, would you take him as OC?

Doc

Offensive Coordinating  

274 members have voted

1. 1. If Brian Daboll gets fired would you take him back as OC?

• Hell yes!
    • Hell no, stick with Brady
    • No, go with someone else other than him or Brady

11 hours ago, Saxum said:

Coach Brian Daboll will continue to be paid even if he is fired so there is no need for him to take a job.  

He will continue to look at plays to develop, watch teams in NFL and college and try for new job next year but hopefully has learned not to take a contact at a team with poor owner.  He will still be paid $5 million a year next three years.

"poor owner"?

anyway, that poor owner made a poor choice for HC and GM.  I bet another NFL won't make those mistakes.

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Where did you hear that out of curiosity? Not saying you're wrong, but I heard rumours that Daboll didn't want anything to do with DJ but ownership liked him 

i don't accept that the HC and GM you recently hired would be given no choice over the most important decision they could be asked to  make. 

As it happened, the Giants didn't pick up his 5th year, making his 4th season his "prove it " year.  They won a playoff game and the FO quickly rewarded him with a new contract.  

• Like (+1) 1

Most fans were wondering out loud if the bills should move on from dabol.  They were struggling that season, remembering the Jacksonville game.

The offense was a machine in the playoffs though.

It's a waste of time to talk about imo.  McDermott and Daboll are philosophically different, and it's clear there is/was a strained relationship.  

Personally, I think I'd be really happy with him as oc based on his past performance and history with Allen

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

i don't accept that the HC and GM you recently hired would be given no choice over the most important decision they could be asked to  make. 

As it happened, the Giants didn't pick up his 5th year, making his 4th season his "prove it " year.  They won a playoff game and the FO quickly rewarded him with a new contract.  

At the end of the day if ownership loves DJ though, they can basically tell the Gm and coach to figure it out with him or they will find a coach who will.

again, that's the rumour I heard but no confirmation.

But things like this do happen when there's a disconnect between owner and gm/coach- In New York, Joe Douglas apparently had no idea Robert Salah was getting fired and wasn't even in the room when the decision was made lol

38 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

At the end of the day if ownership loves DJ though, they can basically tell the Gm and coach to figure it out with him or they will find a coach who will.

again, that's the rumour I heard but no confirmation.

But things like this do happen when there's a disconnect between owner and gm/coach- In New York, Joe Douglas apparently had no idea Robert Salah was getting fired and wasn't even in the room when the decision was made lol

Looking at Jones's production even in that prove it year, the owner would have seen far less in Jones than the guys he pays to inform him.  Also, the Giants could have corrected their mistake, if Daboll was truly down on Jones, by picking a QB at 6.  They again rolled the dice with Jones by picking him a WR. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Looking at Jones's production even in that prove it year, the owner would have seen far less in Jones than the guys he pays to inform him.  Also, the Giants could have corrected their mistake, if Daboll was truly down on Jones, by picking a QB at 6.  They again rolled the dice with Jones by picking him a WR. 

It goes back to the point I made though- if ownership wants them to make it work with DJ, they have to or they will find someone else.

Example- Mike McCarthy isn't running the show in Dallas.

Pure speculation on both our ends, just sharing a rumour I heard- no idea if it was valid or not so you very well might be right 

18 hours ago, Doc said:

His time in NJ might be short.  Would you take him back?

Only if he comes back as the Head Coach. Dabol + Leslie got us to the moment right before Sean blew :13 seconds and the following two seasons by handing the O over to Dorsey. I would be thrilled to get the both back to give Josh his best chance at a SB.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I thought for sure they would at least trade down in this year's draft in order to snag an extra 1st next year so they had ammo to maneuver and get their guy.

Schoen messed this up by being too committed to Jones when he, and Dabol, and ownership know DJ isnt the answer.

They can get out of DJ's contract after this year. Should have paid Barkley, then cut DJ this offseason, and then you have a QB on a rookie contract too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

It goes back to the point I made though- if ownership wants them to make it work with DJ, they have to or they will find someone else.

Example- Mike McCarthy isn't running the show in Dallas.

Pure speculation on both our ends, just sharing a rumour I heard- no idea if it was valid or not so you very well might be right 

the Giants owner and it’s GM are2 different people

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the Giants owner and it’s GM are2 different people

On paper. Doesn't mean the owner isn't involved in big football decisions 

(See woody Johnson in the firing of Salah and Joe Douglas having no idea)

Edited by BillsFan130