If Brian Daboll gets fired, would you take him as OC?

Doc

Offensive Coordinating  

274 members have voted

1. 1. If Brian Daboll gets fired would you take him back as OC?

• Hell yes!
    • Hell no, stick with Brady
    • No, go with someone else other than him or Brady

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Based on how things went towards the end, I would doubt either he or McD would want a replay.

Exactly!    Another aspect some people can’t seem to grasp is, no matter how good their relationship was, who wants to go from being a head coach to back where you before working FOR the same coach again?  I know there are a limited number of jobs, but most people like to move forward, not go back.

This is dumb.  Daboll & McDermott won't work together again, in all likeihood.  Also, Joe Brady is 11-3 in regular season games as OC and 1-1 in playoffs.  The players love him and respond well to him.  He's young and won't be perfect, but he's done an excellent job in his role so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was a driving force in re-signing Danny Dimes.  He watched Barkley walk out the door.

Josh doesn't need Daboll.  Daboll needs Josh.

Where did you hear that out of curiosity? Not saying you're wrong, but I heard rumours that Daboll didn't want anything to do with DJ but ownership liked him 

50 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

This is dumb.  Daboll & McDermott won't work together again, in all likeihood.  Also, Joe Brady is 11-3 in regular season games as OC and 1-1 in playoffs.  The players love him and respond well to him.  He's young and won't be perfect, but he's done an excellent job in his role so far.

That eagles loss was a heavy dose of bs too so I’d give that an asterisk I think 😂

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Exactly!    Another aspect some people can’t seem to grasp is, no matter how good their relationship was, who wants to go from being a head coach to back where you before working FOR the same coach again?  I know there are a limited number of jobs, but most people like to move forward, not go back.

Umm...Josh McDaniels?

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

My team dominates the best defense in football after a slow start, scoring 34 points...

And, Coleman, our new wide receiver has a coming out game, with 125 yards, with a little more room to work now with a new viable threat on the other side...

The Bills go 5-2, and after a slow start today, absolutely dominated the Titans, outscoring them, 34-0 in the last 3 quarters...

And Brady goes 11-3, making nice changes in the passing game, utilizing screens, and sharply utilizing his brand new toy, 5 time pro bowler Cooper, hinting now at what this offense can become...

And you are wondering, tonight, about firing the Brady? and bringing in our old OC whose current offense is a disaster, one of the worst in the league...

Sure, that makes sense.  (But again, some people also believe the last two hurricanes were created by humans to undermine a candidate, so, I guess anything is possible for some, no matter how far fetched, untrue.)

Yikes.  Need to get a new team, one you like, one you can be objective about. And eliminate the  tangle of spider webs spun inside your head

Brady is a perfectly average NFL OC. We should have higher aspirations than that.

But no Daboll would not be the guy I'd want to replace him. If McDermott does somehow get a chance to hire yet another OC in the future, all I want is for him to run a real interview process instead of handing the job to somebody already in the building.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This is a joke, right?

McD wants nothing to do with Dabol, and he probably wants nothing to do with McD.

Look at the handshake after the Giants game last year. There’s no love lost between those two.

Ridiculous to even suggest this when our current OC is 11-3 in the regular season and has plenty of room to improve

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The real question is: would you replace McDermott with him?

If you do that you might as well get Belichick and hire Daboll as the OC honestly. For his faults Belichick is still an elite Defensive Mind. 

McDermott gets until the end of the year. If the Bills move on I'd want Ben Johnson. I also wouldn't mind Vrabel either but I have a strong preference to an OC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

If you do that you might as well get Belichick and hire Daboll as the OC honestly. For his faults Belichick is still an elite Defensive Mind. 

McDermott gets until the end of the year. If the Bills move on I'd want Ben Johnson. I also wouldn't mind Vrabel either but I have a strong preference to an OC

Ehh, I hear ya, but Belichick is too old, and we have to hire an Offensive guy as next HC, or we're just going to lose him again in 2 years when he and Josh have success again.

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I'm pretty certain that the HC has some input into who they keep and who gets paid. The Giants chose to pay QB Jones 35 million a year with 82 million guaranteed. They chose not to pay RB Barkley who just ripped them a new one and let's not forget that they used a #2 overall pick on that RB in 2018.

Right now Joe Flacco would be a better choice at QB if they had kept Barkley. The Giants made their bed and now must sleep with the dogs they chose. Daboll is partly at fault for the situation the Giants are in right now.  2-4 and they drafted a talented WR for the QB...who stinks! 

No doubt he gets some blame.  They should have taken the hit up front and looked for a different QB instead of paying Jones.  He is not the guy.  And the team around him is horrible.  I mean, every team has several good players.  The Giants have maybe 2 and one is on IR for the season.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Brady is a perfectly average NFL OC. We should have higher aspirations than that.

But no Daboll would not be the guy I'd want to replace him. If McDermott does somehow get a chance to hire yet another OC in the future, all I want is for him to run a real interview process instead of handing the job to somebody already in the building.

I do not think McDermott should get to hire another OC

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

People forget Dabol had no answer for the cover 2 shell teams started imploying on our offense toward the end of him time here. The last half of season the offense kinda struggled.

Edit. Just went back and looked maybe I'm confusing his last season with Dorseys first.

Edited by Whkfc