If Brian Daboll gets fired, would you take him as OC?

Doc

Offensive Coordinating  

274 members have voted

1. 1. If Brian Daboll gets fired would you take him back as OC?

• Hell yes!
    • Hell no, stick with Brady
    • No, go with someone else other than him or Brady

57 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Maybe you don't remember the big blow up between Brian and clappy at the end of the game.

I don't remember a "big blow up at the end of the game" - are you thinking of the Most Cursory Post Win Handshake Ever?

I do remember that there seemed to be no love lost between Daboll and McD by the time Daboll left for the Giants, and there were intimations Daboll might have been willing to take a lateral move as OC somewhere else.

I also remember that the reason was, Daboll persisted in having no run game except using a "back" named Allen.  This caused friction with McDermott who finally started laying it out in press conferences, that we better have a run game.

Overall, McDermott (as a defensive coordinator) had a point which was driven home during multiple games: if defensive coordinators know there is a significant gap in your team's offense, they will choke down on everything else.  It makes their job easier.  McDermott could not persuade Daboll of this.

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The Giants REALLY blow though.  I don't think most of it is Daboll's fault.  They just have no talent.  

I'm pretty certain that the HC has some input into who they keep and who gets paid. The Giants chose to pay QB Jones 35 million a year with 82 million guaranteed. They chose not to pay RB Barkley who just ripped them a new one and let's not forget that they used a #2 overall pick on that RB in 2018.

Right now Joe Flacco would be a better choice at QB if they had kept Barkley. The Giants made their bed and now must sleep with the dogs they chose. Daboll is partly at fault for the situation the Giants are in right now.  2-4 and they drafted a talented WR for the QB...who stinks! 

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

After today and the potential future with Cooop , I don't see how you could want Brady gone, that was the best D in the league, dominated them for last 2.5 quarters

Statistically they had one of the better Ds in the league. It was based off playing bad teams. The only good offenses they faced before our game was GB who put 30 on them.

53 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Maybe look at the facts, and don't let your emotion get in the way of those.

I am guessing from previous posts though,  someone who does not do that much in football or ....

We see how many morons in the country are accepting outlandish 'theories' for facts, and the danger of that--you don't want to go there, or, stay there?

LOL!  There's no "emotion" here.  It took until 20 minutes into the game to score points today.  They needed to get out of the shadow of their endzone last weekend to avoid giving Houston a shot to win and send the game into OT and failed.  They laid an egg against the Ravens.  The only one getting emotional here is you with the "OMG, how could you?!" :rolleyes:

Meanwhile judging by the results of the poll, it's not nearly worth getting the vapors over as it's ~50-50 between the 2.

And yes, there are lots of morons in this country accepting outlandish theories and even things they didn't just a few years ago...

Edited by Doc

Coach Brian Daboll will continue to be paid even if he is fired so there is no need for him to take a job.  

He will continue to look at plays to develop, watch teams in NFL and college and try for new job next year but hopefully has learned not to take a contact at a team with poor owner.  He will still be paid $5 million a year next three years.