If Brian Daboll gets fired, would you take him as OC?

Doc

Offensive Coordinating  

299 members have voted

1. 1. If Brian Daboll gets fired would you take him back as OC?

• Hell yes!
    • Hell no, stick with Brady
    • No, go with someone else other than him or Brady

Although Dabol certainly helped Allen early on, it became pretty obvious that Dabol’s success was more a product of Allen’s skill than his own capacities, jmo. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Proving your point??

Tyrod (who had a similarly "decent" year in 2017), led the Bills to their first playoff game in almost 2 decades.  He didn't get 40 million because the Bills FO understood that those numbers are backup QB numbers (drafting the next franchise QB would be the following spring) and only 3 people on earth are dumb enough to pay that much for that mediocre play from a QB who had been bad the 3 years previously.  

So, to recap, The Bills didn't pay their Daniel Jones level QB (even though they broke the drought with him) because they knew they could do better with a rookie in the upcoming draft.  The Giants brain trust, in contrast, decided to wildly overpay/re-sign their barely mediocre QB because he won a playoff game, instead of drafting his sorely needed replacement.

They have been 3-10 with him starting since they resigned him--2 years ago.. He's as terrible as ever, which makes this a completely avoidable error. 

Haha I think we will just agree to disagree buddy as we are both going down a big rabbit hole and we both aren't gonna change each others minds on DJs 2022 season. You think it was bad, I think it was decent. All good 

For the record- I wouldn't have paid DJ either- I'm just talking from Daboll and the GMs perspective, they didn't have the time/luxury to groom a rookie QB when their jobs are on the line as they needed to produce results this year. So I think ultimately what we are disagreeing in, is if I needed to win this year I would rather DJ and Nabers all day over an unproven let's say JJ McCarthy without Nabers

I appreciate the convo with you and I hope you have a good day💪

Edited by BillsFan130

53 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Although Dabol certainly helped Allen early on, it became pretty obvious that Dabol’s success was more a product of Allen’s skill than his own capacities, jmo. 

Agree!

There was a time when Brian Daboll was very harsh at Josh Allen by yelling and screaming at him on the sidelines. This might be one reason why he was moved upstairs into the booth. Yes, Daboll schemed up some very good passing game plans and Josh ran them well. There were other times that Josh had difficulty with certain defensive schemes and Daboll just kept calling pass plays regardless. At times to the tune of 40+ pass attempts and this while Josh was under great duress from a vicious pass rush. Daboll had his issues...also, with little or no run game.

Currently, the 2024 Buffalo Bills have an offense like the old Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas offense in which they would run first to set up the passing game. I marvel at how well the Bills can run the ball at times. The Bills have 192 pass attempts and 192 rush attempts...talk about balance. 

I think that the Ravens game was an anomaly in that the game got out of hand quickly and that the new center had difficulty with pass protections for the offensive line. Josh Allen wasn't the same guy we all know and love in that game and I also think it affected him the next week against the Texans. 

I think Joe Brady is the best OC this team has had since Ted Marchibroda/Jim Ringo with such a balanced team and stout run game. 

Edited by Nihilarian

49 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Haha I think we will just agree to disagree buddy as we are both going down a big rabbit hole and we both aren't gonna change each others minds on DJs 2022 season. You think it was bad, I think it was decent. All good 

For the record- I wouldn't have paid DJ either- I'm just talking from Daboll and the GMs perspective, they didn't have the time/luxury to groom a rookie QB when their jobs are on the line as they needed to produce results this year. So I think ultimately what we are disagreeing in, is if I needed to win this year I would rather DJ and Nabers all day over an unproven let's say JJ McCarthy without Nabers

I appreciate the convo with you and I hope you have a good day💪

I think what we are disagreeing on is Dan Jones, at any time in his career, being a "win now" proposition.  He just isn't and never was.  Daboll and Schoen believing he was is their problem.  No one else in the NFL thought this was the case.  Everyone saw this guy play--and how the Giants played after the bye in 2022.  

Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Agree!

There was a time when Brian Daboll was very harsh at Josh Allen by yelling and screaming at him on the sidelines. This might be one reason why he was moved upstairs into the booth. Yes, Daboll schemed up some very good passing game plans and Josh ran them well. There were other times that Josh had difficulty with certain defensive schemes and Daboll just kept calling pass plays regardless. At times to the tune of 40+ pass attempts and this while Josh was under great duress from a vicious pass rush. Daboll had his issues...also, with little or no run game.

Agree, Dabol really didn’t know how to incorporate a run game into his scheme, I kinda think he really didn’t know how to, he was the mad bomber OC, 

Offense isn't the Bills problem any longer now that they have a WR1.  If the Bills don't win the Super Bowl it will be because of the McDermott run defense.  This problem has been there the entire time McDermott has been the head coach and he refuses to fix it. If Milano comes back in December the run defense could be adequate enough to win, but the Ravens, Chiefs, and Lions are going to run the ball on the Bills.