Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The NFL is entertainment , and the uneven commentary is not very entertaining to Bills fans. As NFL fans , we watch the regular season. Of course we hope the Bills can eliminate the Chiefs or just win a Super Bowl regardless of how they’re eliminated. The thread , however is about the commentary / narrative and not just about the post season. 

Yes, it grinds my gears too. I don't wanna argue with fellow Bills fans after a big win and when we agree more than we disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I see your point, and I've had a couple cocktails. 

I think as Bills fans we need to not worry about what people do or don't say about Mahomes. Until we take them down in the playoffs. But that's just my take.

I’m with you. Beat them. Win a championship. Forget about all that media noise. It’s all irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I refuse to open Nick Wright Tweets (or whatever they are called, these days), because of this. I'm trying to do my part to fight the trolls. 

I dunno about his tweets but he is pretty positive on Allen on his show. Just not the Bills as a team or the coach. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it is not being talked about because it isn't hurting. If they lose a couple of games and the O still stinks you better believe it will be talked about. 

I mean we have like the second best win rate over the last I dunno how many years now and Josh got criticized heavily. I get it. Mahomes wins super bowls but it’s not just Mahomes. 

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The discussion was about stats and network commentary/ agendas on them with certain players. If you don’t care about that , fine but your take doesn’t disprove the argument. 

Praise is all well and good, but when he throws INTs they act like it never happened. This is contrary to their take on Allen. That’s the issue the op brought up. 

There appears to be more of a gap between the teams this year than in previous seasons. Largely due to the Bills defense being worse across the board. 

Until Allen beat him in the playoffs it won't matter and you can twist and word it anyway you want,  fans remember playoff games.

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The discussion was about stats and network commentary/ agendas on them with certain players. If you don’t care about that , fine but your take doesn’t disprove the argument. 

Praise is all well and good, but when he throws INTs they act like it never happened. This is contrary to their take on Allen. That’s the issue the op brought up. 

There appears to be more of a gap between the teams this year than in previous seasons. Largely due to the Bills defense being worse across the board. 

Another factor is Mahomes is 6-0,  so again about winning. The guy still makes plays when it matters most and has 3 chips

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean we have like the second best win rate over the last I dunno how many years now and Josh got criticized heavily. I get it. Mahomes wins super bowls but it’s not just Mahomes. 

Yea but not really after wins. When he got criticised was almost always after losses. If turnovers lead to losses that is when the talking heads pop up and if KC were losing at the moment you better believe they'd be all over Mahomes for his mistakes

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

People definitely are talking about his interceptions with some pundits acknowledging he isn't having a real good year throwing the ball, with that said he does seem to make plays when they need him to.   The fact they are 6- 0 and that he is Patrick Mahomes, he does deservedly so get leniency.   He shouldn't be MVP, but he has been getting the job done.  Also, keep in mind that his two best receivers and RB are out and his offensive weapons are largely made up of ex Chiefs retreads in Hardeman, JuJu and Hunt.

I am not sure who beats the chiefs, sure feels like if Buffalo doesn’t maybe only Denver has a shot in one of their games because of their defense.

having said that the vibe of the chiefs is awfully similar to the eagles last year.  They were like 12-1 of whatever it was but they didn’t seem anywhere close to as good as the record indicated.