Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Absolutely,  they've been our cryptonite.  Honestly hope we can somehow avoid them in playoffs

I hate saying this, but KC is more scary than probably any other year I can remember. They have a top 3 defense. They completely stop your running game and can run themselves. They can pressure heavily and they play well in the back end. You know that offense will figure it out. Probably not until near the very end but it just seems inevitable they will. That is not a soft team anymore. They built a team for playoff football.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

you start with 3 on prime time week 1 and the narratives going to haunt you for a bit 

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I hate saying this, but KC is more scary than probably any other year I can remember. They have a top 3 defense. They completely stop your running game and can run themselves. They can pressure heavily and they play well in the back end. You know that offense will figure it out. Probably not until near the very end but it just seems inevitable they will. That is not a soft team anymore. They built a team for playoff football.  

They used to blow teams out. They don't anymore.

This is their least scary year, imo.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Fair point,  they had a better D last year imo with loss of Sneed, but ya they're a great unit. 

I feel our run game is just as effective and efficient and our pass game is superior. 

Idk if their passing game will figure it out. They certainly could but Kelce clearly lost a step, Worthy is more a gadget guy than anything and the rest of their weapons are JAGs. We'll see

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

They used to blow teams out. They don't anymore.

This is their least scary year, imo.

They didn't blow anybody out last year. How has Buffalo looked vs teams that can run, stop the run, and rush the passer? They do the three things well that we are most vulnerable with. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Fair point,  they had a better D last year imo with loss of Sneed, but ya they're a great unit. 

I feel our run game is just as effective and efficient and our pass game is superior. 

Idk if their passing game will figure it out. They certainly could but Kelce clearly lost a step, Worthy is more a gadget guy than anything and the rest of their weapons are JAGs. We'll see

If they don’t trade for another receiver it’s going to cost them in the playoffs. It’s a rag tag wr corp with all the injuries. 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I still fear them far less than the Ravens, Texans (with Nico) and Bengals. Assuming Ravens and Texans on the road and Bengals at home. I don't really care where we play the Chiefs. Chiefs vs. Bills have been one score games for like 5 straight games now with the Bills taking 3 out of the 5. 

Their defense is good, but Allen also seems to play some of his best ball against them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

I think he is still the best QB and I love Josh,  but Mahomes has 3 chips and Allen still looking to just get to the game.  I don't care about stats ,  its about winning and winning in the playoffs

46 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Factual. 

Applies to us as well, we'll see in a few weeks!

That wasn’t the subject. It was talking heads not pointing out the high number of INTs - this year. That is factual , and it’s being glossed over. Not surprising but true nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Look, I hate the Chiefs and Mahomes and wish them disaster, but Mahomes leading the team scored 4 TDs in 5 red zone trips and that big run was huge.

The mofo makes big plays when it matters.

And Allen was making a ton of big plays and scoring TDs … yet all they talked about was INTs. It’s okay to say it - these network knobs are a bunch of hypocrites pushing agendas. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That wasn’t the subject. It was talking heads not pointing out the high number of INTs - this year. That is factual , and it’s being glossed over. Not surprising but true nonetheless.

And Allen was making a ton of big plays and scoring TDs … yet all they talked about was INTs. It’s okay to say it - these network knobs are a bunch of hypocrites pushing agendas. 

I agree about the Allen narrative being wrong.

But I don't agree with why Mahomes gets so much praise. He makes clutch plays when the game is on the line.

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think he is still the best QB and I love Josh,  but Mahomes has 3 chips and Allen still looking to just get to the game.  I don't care about stats ,  its about winning and winning in the playoffs

The discussion was about stats and network commentary/ agendas on them with certain players. If you don’t care about that , fine but your take doesn’t disprove the argument. 

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

I agree about the Allen narrative being wrong.

But I don't agree with why Mahomes gets so much praise. He makes clutch plays when the game is on the line.

Praise is all well and good, but when he throws INTs they act like it never happened. This is contrary to their take on Allen. That’s the issue the op brought up. 

34 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

They didn't blow anybody out last year. How has Buffalo looked vs teams that can run, stop the run, and rush the passer? They do the three things well that we are most vulnerable with. 

There appears to be more of a gap between the teams this year than in previous seasons. Largely due to the Bills defense being worse across the board. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The discussion was about stats and network commentary/ agendas on them with certain players. If you don’t care about that , fine but your take doesn’t disprove the argument. 

Praise is all well and good, but when he throws INTs they act like it never happened. This is contrary to their take on Allen. That’s the issue the op brought up. 

I see your point, and I've had a couple cocktails. 

I think as Bills fans we need to not worry about what people do or don't say about Mahomes. Until we take them down in the playoffs. But that's just my take.

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

I see your point, and I've had a couple cocktails. 

I think as Bills fans we need to not worry about what people do or don't say about Mahomes. Until we take them down in the playoffs. But that's just my take.

The NFL is entertainment , and the uneven commentary is not very entertaining to Bills fans. As NFL fans , we watch the regular season. Of course we hope the Bills can eliminate the Chiefs or just win a Super Bowl regardless of how they’re eliminated. The thread , however is about the commentary / narrative and not just about the post season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1