Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He had like 17 more total tds than mahomes last year and 4 more ints lol 

I’d love to know why not.  Maybe now that Amari cooper showed up when he gets acclimated it’s a bit uneven but up until now I can’t even fathom what’s bad faith about that.  

Well,  then it might have something to do with those 3 Super Bowls. That tends to give you a little leeway when looking at stats. 

Edited by klos63

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

You're talking about a good faith argument while wondering if it's true that Mahomes has a massive coaching advantage?

It’s crazy close situationally before even getting to coaching haha I can’t figure out what’s ’bad faith’. Chiefs tackles suck but their interior oline is ridiculous, bills oline has been fine but prettt underwhelming.  Neither of them have really been surrounded by pass catching threats the last year and a half.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

You're talking about a good faith argument while wondering if it's true that Mahomes has a massive coaching advantage?

Not what I meant and you know that. The coaching advantage is obviously massive but only might be massive enough to make up for the pretty clear and obvious talent advantage we've had over the last couple years and even this season. 

Should I assume because you replied in this way that you think we haven't had better skill position players last year and this year? I don't think you'd get much support for that outside of this forum.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because he led the league in TDs.  And the Chefs aren't winning because of Mahomes' stellar play this year.

I think it's more that Buffaloians have an inferiority complex and they take every comment from anyone, or lack of comment,  personally. 

Who the f cares what people are saying.  Never understood the wasted energy.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Well,  then it might have something to do with those 3 Super Bowls. That tends to give you a little leeway when looking at stats. 

About his play this year now that parity/injuries have whittled away at their talent?  THAT is a bad faith argument imo.  If we were talking about whos career has been better it’s mahomes 1000%.  Op was commenting on mahomes’ 2024 struggles 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

Aaaaannnnd....don't forget those pesky Super Bowl trophies 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

They guy has 3 Super Bowls, Josh has none. Have to eliminate KC from the playoffs or win the Super Bowl before this narrative changes significantly 

Yeah dude, the off-season after Josh finally wins one will be discussing how he's one of the greatest to ever play the position. He needs that ring first

29 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Are you kidding me? People were flat-out trashing Allen for the INT's last year.

I get it if you don't live in Upstate, NY, and you don't have to hear the callers on WGR, but it was deafening, last season!

Why bother listening to the callers on wgr? I heard a lot of fans not caring about the interceptions.  Dismissing them as arm punts or other stupid reasons. 

Simple thing is,  he threw too many last season.  It's great that he hasn't thrown one this season.  

I think it's more that Buffaloians have an inferiority complex and they take every comment from anyone, or lack of comment,  personally. 

I couldn’t care less about talking heads personally but the bills fans that can’t admit mahomes has been struggling because he has won superbowls are so odd 

it’s just an obvious double standard from our own fans…Josh would be getting roasted if he was having the season mahomes is having by bills fans right now 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, klos63 said:

There's a difference between taking a comment personally and refuting a stupid argument like Josh is "overrated" because he had so many INTs...and it was 4 more INTs than Mahomes but 17 more TDs. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

About his play this year now that parity/injuries have whittled away at their talent?  THAT is a bad faith argument imo.  If we were talking about whos career has been better it’s mahomes 1000%.  Op was commenting on mahomes’ 2024 struggles 

I know what he was referring too. 

If you have 3 rings,  including the last two, you get some benefit of the doubt. Is it that hard to understand?

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I couldn’t care less about talking heads personally but the bills fans that can’t admit mahomes has been struggling because he has won superbowls are so odd 

If you're just looking at td to int stats,  you are correct, he's struggling. 

If you look at the results,  then no,  he's getting wins.  And again,  his track record has given him room to have some bad stats without people thinking he should be crucified because of 6 INTS.

• Agree 1

Why bother listening to the callers on wgr? I heard a lot of fans not caring about the interceptions.  Dismissing them as arm punts or other stupid reasons. 

Simple thing is,  he threw too many last season.  It's great that he hasn't thrown one this season.  

Because I don't have satellite radio on my truck 🤷‍♂️😭🤣 Gotta listen to something on my way to work. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's a difference between taking a comment personally and refuting a stupid argument like Josh is "overrated" because he had so many INTs...and it was 4 more INTs than Mahomes but 17 more TDs. 

Very few,  if any,  serious people think Josh is overrated. 

Again,  it's buffalo getting offended by anything and never letting it go. 

When's the last time you heard anyone say he's overrated?

Who,  with any credibility,  says he's overrated?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Although wins are not, never have been, and never will be a QB stat, the Chiefs are undefeated.  They lose a couple of these close games they have been fortunate enough to win, you may hear some whispers, but probably not. 

The media, much like Chiefs fans, will just say 3 Super Bowls and it doesn't matter if he is outplayed by Allen or anyone else year after year stat-wise.  

I hate it as someone who believes Allen is every bit the QB that Mahomes is and, in some ways, may be even better.  But you will never get a lot of people to say that because his team wins big games and that supersedes the stats in their opinion.  Until Allen gets one, it's just hard to counter even if you know that wins are a team stat and not a QB stat.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Very few,  if any,  serious people think Josh is overrated. 

Again,  it's buffalo getting offended by anything and never letting it go. 

When's the last time you heard anyone say he's overrated?

Who,  with any credibility,  says he's overrated?

He was voted the most overrated player by NFL players.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

They guy has 3 Super Bowls, Josh has none. Have to eliminate KC from the playoffs or win the Super Bowl before this narrative changes significantly 

Thanks to Chris Jones who makes almost every important defensive play they need at clutch times late in playoff games.

Edited by Big Turk