Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He had a bad half against Houston. Otherwise I think Josh is playing the best football of his life, especially given the context in which he is being asked to succeed. He has had the odd mistake here and there but he has been pretty faultless for 6 and a half of seven games.

Agreed.

Josh is playing the best ball of his career on a week to week basis 

With respect to the offensive talent on the bills, he is clearly the MVP and the best QB in the league right now.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

Because as Troy Aikman says, Allen actually did have 5-6 interceptions, but they were dropped…😉

Ridiculous! With what Allen has had to work with this season, one could argue this is the best he’s ever looked…👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

When Allen threw 18 INT's last season, lotta people said no big deal. So now it's big deal when Mahomes starts throwing them?  Chiefs will probably end up 6-0 in another hour or so. That's the important stat.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

When Allen threw 18 INT's last season, lotta people said no big deal. So now it's big deal when Mahomes starts throwing them?  Chiefs will probably end up 6-0 in another hour or so. That's the important stat.

Are you kidding me? People were flat-out trashing Allen for the INT's last year.

I get it if you don't live in Upstate, NY, and you don't have to hear the callers on WGR, but it was deafening, last season!

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

They guy has 3 Super Bowls, Josh has none. Have to eliminate KC from the playoffs or win the Super Bowl before this narrative changes significantly 

End of thread.. you win 3 super bowls… you get a lot of lee way.      

until Josh wins one.. there will always be some doubters.  Just the way it is.  

• Like (+1) 1

I really dislike these kinds of arguments. They're never made in good faith.

Not only is Mahomes the best player in the league, and has been for half a decade, but he's still playing well this year given circumstances. Chiefs lost Brown, Rice, Pacheco, and Kelce has obviously lost a step. They're winning because of defense, and because every week Mahomes manufactures just enough on offense without a lot of help.

This doesn't take anything away from Josh who has been the second best player in the league for nearly half a decade and who has also been great this year without much help. Aikman doesn't like Josh because he fundamentally sees the game differently. Pretty much everyone else appreciates Josh's greatness. 

There is no widespread media narrative with these two that's way off the mark.

Edited by VW82
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

They were running with the Josh hype then we laid an egg against Baltimore. He’s not won the MVPs or Lombardi’s to care enough keeping the love and hype train running. 

I think he’s got the inside mvp track this year honestly if they’re up in the 2 or the 3 seed area.  Its getting unlikely mahomes could even turn these stats around enough even if chiefs are the 1 seed 

probably josh or Lamar leading the way right now 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think he’s got the inside mvp track this year honestly if they’re up in the 2 or the 3 seed area.  Its getting unlikely mahomes could even turn these stats around enough even if chiefs are the 1 seed 

probably josh or Lamar leading the way right now 

Goff

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I really dislike these kinds of arguments. They're never made in good faith.

Not only is Mahomes the best player in the league, and has been for half a decade, but he's still playing well this year given circumstances. Chiefs lost Brown, Rice, Pacheco, and Kelce has obviously lost a step. They're winning because of defense, and because every week Mahomes manufactures just enough on offense without a lot of help.

This doesn't take anything away from Josh who has been the second best player in the league for nearly half a decade and who has also been great this year without much help. Aikman doesn't like Josh because he fundamentally sees the game differently. Pretty much everyone else appreciates Josh's greatness. 

There is no widespread media narrative with these two that's way off the mark.

What’s not in good faith about it?  Mahomes and Allen are finally in similar offensive situations where you can actually make a decent comparison and josh is currently outplaying mahomes imo

i mean I totally respect the past performance/ mahomes has the accolades / he will rebound take too but that first paragraph is just as accurate of a way to look at it too 

this is going back the last 1.5 years too it’s not really a tiny sample size 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Because he led the league in TDs.  And the Chefs aren't winning because of Mahomes' stellar play this year.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What’s not in good faith about it?  Mahomes and Allen are finally in similar offensive situations where you can actually make a decent comparison and josh is currently outplaying mahomes imo

i mean I totally respect the past performance/ mahomes has the accolades / he will rebound take too but that first paragraph is just as accurate of a way to look at it too 

this is going back the last 1.5 years too it’s not really a tiny sample size 

I don't think one can make that argument in good faith unless we're giving Mahomes some massive coaching advantage (which might be true). 

27 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He had like 17 more total tds than mahomes last year and 4 more ints lol 

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I don't think one can make that argument in good faith unless we're giving Mahomes some massive coaching advantage (which might be true). 

I’d love to know why not.  Maybe now that Amari cooper showed up when he gets acclimated it’s a bit uneven but up until now I can’t even fathom what’s bad faith about that.  

mahomes has had better oline play/better skill position players/better coaching for years and now two of those things have evened out a bunch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

You're talking about a good faith argument while wondering if it's true that Mahomes has a massive coaching advantage?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3