Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Thanks for confirming that NARRATIVE is a major part of this. I wish more people would see what's going on out there. Narrative has been anti-Allen since a good number of pundits said he would never amount to a hill of beans in the NFL. They aren't letting it go, and they are fighting hard to continue to be "right".

That's what I'm pissed about. 

There is no anti-Allen narrative. The media loves our QB. The media loves winners and Mahomes won and Allen hasn't. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There is no anti-Allen narrative. The media loves our QB. The media loves winners and Mahomes won and Allen hasn't. 

Lol there are Bills fans that routinely kill Allen for ***** that isn't even his fault

There is absolutely an anti Allen narrative

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ugh can we not do this again.  After we were 3-0 everyone was on the Josh is the man to beat now, etc.

And don’t get me wrong I love my QB.  I think he’s a once in a generation talent.

But the reason people don’t talk about Mahomes losing a step or falling off is because he still doesn’t lose and when the games really matter he wins EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He has earned every ounce of leeway he can get from the media.

Dont you remember when Tom Brady turned like 32 years old and had a few bad games and we were like “ahhh the demise is here!!!”.  He killed us for a decade after that.

I’m happy we won, I’m thrilled by how Josh is taking care of the ball this year.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

7 for mahomes now

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Lol there are Bills fans that routinely kill Allen for ***** that isn't even his fault

What? Very selective. When the “overrated” comment came out from the anonymous FO personnel, pretty much every talking head on a sports panel was saying that was a bizarre statement. 

He’ll have his detractors, but anyone of quality has and always will. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

There is only one way to end it…..

also, it’s good to understand that those “narratives” pay salaries, people make more for saying things that get reactions.  Because if social media and people’s reactions it snowballs.  

I refuse to open Nick Wright Tweets (or whatever they are called, these days), because of this. I'm trying to do my part to fight the trolls. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I think Bills fans need to move on from this narrative. He's one of the leagues golden boys now and rightfully so. He gets an absurd amount of positive press and is just about universally looked at as a top 3 QB. We need to win more meaningful games for anything to change. As it probably should be. Has Allen really played that well the last three weeks? I mean he's barely over 50% passing. What credit should he be getting that he isn't right now? Maybe it's Bills fans with the chip and not the media?

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nope. There are posters that aren't total homers and when Allen plays badly they state it. That's not a narrative that's just being honest.  

Nah it's just being unaware of the rest of the league e..Allen is top 3 in pretty much every efficiency metric

And did it w one of the worst WR groups to boot

People are just not football smart for the most part

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicagobills said:

Umm maybe because they are 5-0 and Mahomes has won 3 superbowls. Ever think of that? 

Once again:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/7/17/21324785/the-bruce-exclusive-wins-are-not-a-qb-stat-and-almightytake-time

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
Link wasn't correct

26 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Cool.

as soon as Josh throws a single interception, the “turnover Josh”

narrative will be back. The guy can’t shake it.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Cool.

Did you see what Jared Goff did today?

22/25, 280 yards, 2 TDs in a win against the previously unbeaten Vikings in Minnesota.

This season: 73.6% completion, 1,610 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, 111.5 rating.

Let's hold off on the MVP talk while QBs like Goff and Lamar are winning games against good teams. Josh needs to start doing the same in order to be in that group.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Commentary by the media isn't a stat either.

He's the best QB in the league, has 3 SB wins, and is a legit argument for top 4 QB of all time already. 

When they lose a game it will be talked about more

Yea it is not being talked about because it isn't hurting. If they lose a couple of games and the O still stinks you better believe it will be talked about. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

People in the live game thread were blaming him for the offense's performance in the 1st half 🤣

It doesn't bother me anymore lol

At this point it's just funny how people who couldn't stop talking about his INTs last season are the same ones saying no media bias despite one anchor literally having to be told the other day that Allen was the last QB in the league w zero picks😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Has Allen really played that well the last three weeks? I mean he's barely over 50% passing. What credit should he be getting that he isn't right now? Maybe it's Bills fans with the chip and not the media?

He had a bad half against Houston. Otherwise I think Josh is playing the best football of his life, especially given the context in which he is being asked to succeed. He has had the odd mistake here and there but he has been pretty faultless for 6 and a half of seven games.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Did you see what Jared Goff did today?

22/25, 280 yards, 2 TDs in a win against the previously unbeaten Vikings in Minnesota.

This season: 73.6% completion, 1,610 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, 111.5 rating.

Let's hold off on the MVP talk while QBs like Goff and Lamar are winning games against good teams. Josh needs to start doing the same in order to be in that group.

Goff and Lamar also have better teams and weapons around them and last I checked, football is a team game. It's easier to look good at QB when your team's run game is dominant and you have true number one receivers. Lions and Ravens have better running backs then us and better overall groups of wide receivers (Cooper improved ours some). Allen literally had guys blanketed against the Ravens and Texans and his receivers dropped 10 passes vs the Texans. 

You probably think Dilfer was better than Marino because Dilfer has a super bowl ring. 

• Like (+1) 2