Why is Nobody Talking About Mahomes' Interceptions this Season?

ROCBillsBeliever

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Aiyuk has been averaging like two catches a game and has zero touchdowns.  If they can’t overcome that they have some huge problems.

they blew a huge opportunity to get a bunch of draft capital for aiyuk after he sat out the offseason and pouted through training cap.  They gave in and paid him like a player he is not and he paid them back by playing terribly and now maybe out for the year.

CMac is a key cog in the offense. 

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Maybe a few print/ electronic media articles dared to bring it up, but not the talking head shows on the big networks or in game. At least not what I saw. I don’t read print electronic media anymore unless it’s about the Bills. 

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

You have the best player in the league playing like ***** and it’s not a storyline? Can’t judge a player on personal performance because the team wins, makes no sense to me. Mahommes and Lamar no one is allowed to say negative things about

The media crucified Mahomes in ‘21 when defenses changed the way they defended him and KC. He struggled to adjust through a large part of that season. There were talking heads that said he was ‘broken’. Since then he led them to 2 consecutive Super Bowl championships. Currently they’re 6-0 despite serious injuries to major contributors on their team. You don’t think that kind of success should buy him grace from the media? If KC starts losing because of his turnovers then it will be a topic like it was in ‘21.

As for Lamar…completely different story and shouldn’t be lumped in with Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lamar and Allen fit the definition of MVP: most valuable player 

Take those guys off their teams and it's drought era misery for both. 

Take Jordan Love off the Packers and they look basically the same: great running game and moonball prayers that get answered often by WR. 

How many QBs could win with this year's version of the Chiefs, especially given the INT? 

I can deal with Lamar winning MVP again if the Ravens continue to roll teams. 

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

interceptions really are not much different than a punt. They truly arent

What? lol. Mahomes threw an INT from his own side of the field that was returned 33 yards 🤣. I mean yea maybe that’s the same as a blocked punt which is a massive play for the opposition all the same 

the only reason his two picks weren’t devastating was because purdy threw 3.  Turnover differential is the best indicator of the winner of a game for a reason 

An INT is oftentimes a 0-10 yard punt not even on third down lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What? lol. Mahomes threw an INT from his own side of the field that was returned 33 yards 🤣. I mean yea maybe that’s the same as a -33 yard blocked punt which is a massive play for the opposition all the same 

the only reason his two picks weren’t devastating was because purdy threw 3.  Turnover differential is the best indicator of the winner of a game for a reason 

Yeah the only reason Mahomes didn't lose his team that game is because Purdy and the 49ers offense were too busy doing the same.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Patrick Mahomes:

6 TD

6 INT

57.3 QBR

Josh Allen:

10 TD

0 INT (Z-E-R-O...)

Why are none of the NFL talking heads decrying Mahomes as an inaccurate passer?

Why is there no narrative about how he has regressed?

Why aren't NFL talking heads criticizing Mahomes' lack of accuracy, or his sub-pedestrian numbers to this point in the season.

Oh... Wait... They still have a stat to hang their hats on...

Mahomes: 1,235 yards

Allen: 1,160 yards

So, I guess this year the measuring stick for NFL MVP is passing yards... 

Cool.

Dude he's 6-0 with 3 SB's. 

I would agree that the media is biased against Allen at times...but that would not be the case if he had 3 SB's under his belt and we were 6-0 right now. I guarantee you that. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

If Purdy doesn't play like crap the Niners probably win. How many turnovers did he have in the red zone. Credit KC's defense but the Niners had their chances and Purdy messed up.

The 49ers defense was disgustingly bad. It looks better in the box score than it did live. Mahomes missed multiple wide open big completions. He had Worthy open on an over route that he might have been able to accelerate upfield and score but Mahomes short hopped the pass, and he overthrew Worthy on like a 70 yard bomb that would have been a TD. Underthrew Kelce on a seam route too. Plus the two INTs. But make no mistake, the Chiefs had open receivers all over the field and only their own mistakes stopped them from putting up like 40 points on them... The spacing of that offensive scheme is unbelievably good.

Mahomes will probably start playing better at some point, when that happens I don't know who stops them. I actually think it might have to be their NFC opponent in the Super Bowl. I could see Matt LaFleur or Ben Johnson having some success against Spagnuolo. I don't see anybody in the AFC slowing them down, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2

Today on the talking head shows, they mentioned the INTs in passing and raved about his running ability!  They bragged about how he "jacked up" the defender when he ran up the middle for a touchdown.  On his sideline run they said, "What other QBs can do this?"  Are they serious???  Hello...Lamar and Josh.

15 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I hate saying this, but KC is more scary than probably any other year I can remember. They have a top 3 defense. They completely stop your running game and can run themselves. They can pressure heavily and they play well in the back end. You know that offense will figure it out. Probably not until near the very end but it just seems inevitable they will. That is not a soft team anymore. They built a team for playoff football.  

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe a few print/ electronic media articles dared to bring it up, but not the talking head shows on the big networks or in game. At least not what I saw. I don’t read print electronic media anymore unless it’s about the Bills. 

There isn’t much of a fun ‘could X team dethrone the chiefs in the division’ angle anymore which leads to less chiefs objective analysis.  We’ve had the whole ‘the jets and/or dolphins are gonna dethrone buffalo and here are the reasons’ the last few years 

15 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I hate saying this, but KC is more scary than probably any other year I can remember. They have a top 3 defense. They completely stop your running game and can run themselves. They can pressure heavily and they play well in the back end. You know that offense will figure it out. Probably not until near the very end but it just seems inevitable they will. That is not a soft team anymore. They built a team for playoff football.  

I don’t personally agree but obviously we’re all guessing at this point lol so I can respect it

they seem to have more exploitable weaknesses than I can ever remember them having.  Obviously still a huge threat I just don’t think they’re scarier than they’ve ever been 

they’ll probably improve some on offense but I don’t think the ceiling they can improve to is nearly as high as it has been in the past. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

interceptions really are not much different than a punt. They truly arent

Hi Jeremy White!

I will argue they are in that one they give the other team a shot in the arm and they dont typically change field position like a punt does.   If you through an INT in the red zone on either end it is quite a bit different than a punt, both mean points....

If you mean an "arm punt", throwing an INT 40 yards down the field then yeah not that much different other than momentum.

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Hi Jeremy White!

I will argue they are in that one they give the other team a shot in the arm and they dont typically change field position like a punt does.   If you through an INT in the red zone on either end it is quite a bit different than a punt, both mean points....

If you mean an "arm punt", throwing an INT 40 yards down the field then yeah not that much different other than momentum.

No I am speaking to simple math.  A punt and turnover are both changes of possession.   In the modern NFL the difference in expected points per possession is not much different whether or not the possession started from a turnover or punt. 

To be clear, the main point is  that punting sucks.  

Edited by Chaos