Bills 2024 Draft Class

TFBillsfan

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Ray Davis is better than James Cook

There, I said it, Sue me

I'm broke anyway, good luck..

I won't say "better" but I think that I can make a convincing case that he should be our 1st and 2nd down back: We saw teams plug the front to stop Cook who thrives when he has wiggle room. David has more of a power attack. Cook I see as a poor man's CMC (which right now is better than actual CMC) and Samuel has never looked right so why not use him as a WR/RB hybrid?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I won't say "better" but I think that I can make a convincing case that he should be our 1st and 2nd down back: We saw teams plug the front to stop Cook who thrives when he has wiggle room. David has more of a power attack. Cook I see as a poor man's CMC (which right now is better than actual CMC) and Samuel has never looked right so why not use him as a WR/RB hybrid?

Cook is a poor man’s Kamara. 

Samuel is still injured. 

I heard a successful GM (Ron Wolf maybe - don't remember for sure) explain that drafting starters isn't the goal of the draft.  Every team has 22 starters.  He believed that every draft needed to produce one Pro Bowler.  Two would be better.  He also explained that he didn't care if the 1st round player was a bust if the 3rd and 4th rounders were named to the Pro Bowl.  As long as the team kept drafting Pro Bowlers each year, good things would happen.

Championships aren't built with jags.  Championships are built with playmakers.

So my question is: Is there a Pro Bowler somewhere in the 2024 draft?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I heard a successful GM (Ron Wolf maybe - don't remember for sure) explain that drafting starters isn't the goal of the draft.  Every team has 22 starters.  He believed that every draft needed to produce one Pro Bowler.  Two would be better.  He also explained that he didn't care if the 1st round player was a bust if the 3rd and 4th rounders were named to the Pro Bowl.  As long as the team kept drafting Pro Bowlers each year, good things would happen.

The Bills are playing complimentary football in 2024.  As Rich Eisen mentioned in his show -  The Bills are a Sum of their Individual parts and hence their winning record. 

The Bills will have very minimal Pro-Bowlers or All-Pro's as they play a team game to its concept.   The closest to Pro Bowls will be 

* Allen, Cook, Kincaid on offense 

* Douglas, Rosseau, Bernard 

None of them are part of the 2024 draft.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Too early.  And I doubt Wolf would claim he drafted players who made the Pro Bowl as rookies.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Besides entering the game today in the 4th qtr and helping the Bills roll right down the field for the final TD?

Yes. How about meaningful game time?  Titans had the bus running out front during that last drive.

17 hours ago, peterpan said:

Carter is looking dominant when I see him out there on running downs.  

Ray Davis is a beast.  I love his North South style and how he plows people over.  And one of the only backs I’ve seen protect the football with both hands in a decade or more. 

Ya he has popped off the screen a few times, man handling the OL

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yes. How about meaningful game time?  Titans had the bus running out front during that last drive.

Considering he is the backup and McGovern is the starter who remains healthy, what did you expect?

Edited by GASabresIUFan

We seem to draft very creatively. Thinking differently to the herd. 

Like, nobody else was picking Bernard that early. Coleman wasn't a first rounder. Shakir was ignored. We seem to be really sharp at the lower round picks.

We can really see the raw material of a player where others can't.

It's our firsts that are perhaps lacking a little bit. 

Edited by Danger Mouse

17 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Coleman looks like his ceiling is a good #2 WR. That's not a bad thing in modern NFL. 

Davis looks good but he's old for a rookie RB. Use him up the next three years and move on to the next guy.

Carter could be the steal of the draft so far if he keeps playing like he has in the last three games.

A shame Bishop got hurt in TC. Probably lost any chance at significant playing time with that injury. 

He is supposed to be athletic and smart. Wish McD would let him rotate in a few snaps or get some playing time in the dime packages. 

I'm more betting on the steal eventually being either Solomon or SVG

As rookies Coleman, Carter and Davis are making large impacts.  Carter with 4th down stop was massive.  Davis looking like a possible rb 1B.  Coleman had his first 100 yard game and so far been the Bills most consistent big play wr.  So far the draft looks very good.  They were expected to be early contributors and they have been.  

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Considering he is the backup and McGovern is the starter who remains healthy, what did you expect?

A reason why he's a potential starter.

I guess everyone is a potential starter,  but what's it about him that makes him one?

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Oddly I would say Bishop and VanPran probably have the best chance. I can't think of any real dominant safeties in the league anymore.  McD obviously has a proven track record developing guys. I haven't followed closely this year to even know if Fitzpatrick is playing at a high level. 

VanPran might devleop into a great center one day.

For the record most of us wanted Creed Humphrey so that would have been a ProBowl player...

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Besides a great pedigree and good play each time he has entered a game? Nothing!

Pedigree? Is he a race horse ?

He played 20 snaps this season going into yesterday's game. You saw a future starter in those 20 snaps?