Deandre Hopkins watch, take 2

RiotAct

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think you mean you'd take Cooper? 

Turk, I was speaking of Cooper, not Hopkins.  Reread my statement.

im very excited to see a Cooper, Coleman, Shakir, and Kinkaid passing offense as well as Cook or Davis for running, and short dump off passes.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What does this say about Worthy if they have to bring in JuJu AND now Hopkins?!?! In the last two games, his catch percentage is abysmal. This move is desperation because the Chiefs keep on drafting badly at WR, whether it is poor performance or off the field issues. 

The Chiefs can afford to be desperate the way their defense is playing right now, and I look forward to the Bills getting our defensive starters back this coming month.

The Chiefs lost Hollywood Brown and Rashee Rice to injury before bringing in Juju.  Now Juju is injured.  This move has absolutely nothing to do with Worthy or Rice’s ability and everything to do with injuries.  

Giving up a pick at the bottom of the fifth round is nothing.  Last season the last pick in the 5th round was number 175 overall.  If anything, this makes the Titans worse.  Kansas City owns their third round pick.  If dealing Hopkins causes them to win one fewer game, the value gained from the third round pick moving up will be worth as much as the cost of a pick at the end of round 5.  Then there’s the potential for a comp pick since he’s now a UFA after this season.

53 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What does this say about Worthy if they have to bring in JuJu AND now Hopkins?!?! In the last two games, his catch percentage is abysmal. This move is desperation because the Chiefs keep on drafting badly at WR, whether it is poor performance or off the field issues. 

The Chiefs can afford to be desperate the way their defense is playing right now, and I look forward to the Bills getting our defensive starters back this coming month.

The Chiefs lost Hollywood Brown and Rashee Rice to injury before bringing in Juju.  Now Juju is injured.  This move has absolutely nothing to do with Worthy or Rice’s ability and everything to do with injuries.  

Giving up a pick at the bottom of the fifth round is nothing.  Last season the last pick in the 5th round was number 175 overall.  If anything, this makes the Titans worse.  Kansas City owns their third round pick.  If dealing Hopkins causes them to win one fewer game, the value gained from the third round pick moving up will be worth as much as the cost of a pick at the end of round 5.  Then there’s the potential for a comp pick since he’s now a UFA after this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He took a risk re-signing with the Vikings without having a viable QB.  A rookie and Sam Darnold was a gamble.  

I’m not sure it’s much of a risk to sign the biggest WR contract ever.  

The other side of that, a lot of guys never play with a great QB and manage to put up HOF careers because they are the focus of the offense.  Larry Fitzgerald (most of his career), Hopkins, TO, Ocho Cinco, etc all had great careers without top flight QBs for most of their time.  It kind of shows how elite they really are, but could also be explained by lesser QBs going to the best player to help their cause too. 

Jefferson has a real chance to go down as the absolute best ever to play the game at WR, he’s doing it with middling QBs, which to me, actually adds to his accomplishments.  

Side note.. wtf is Minn going to do if Darnold keeps up what he’s doing?  It’s going to be awfully hard to get rid of him if he can get them deep in the playoffs without being the reason they lose, or if they do manage to win the SB.  Do they pay him (maybe Baker money?) or do they gamble on McCarthy being better?  Tough choices ahead.

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Nailed it.