10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans post game thread

BuffaloBill

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Haha, true true, especially with the NFL media machine. But seriously, I just meant that they are a small market team without any real stars or hot shot coach, and are like the 3rd (or even 4th) talked about team in their crappy division.

They shouldnt sneak up on the Bills, but they're definitely sneaking up on the Bills fans who think it will be an easier game.

Walker and Metcalf...Geno too inconsistent but can put up big numbers at times. Crushed Falcons on the road

35 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That corner at the end wanted absolutely nothing to do with him😂

One of my favourite plays in the game right there

He's a physical freak. I knew once he developed,  he'd be very good- elite.. 

What a great extension,  value wise Beane made. Him and Dion both have fabulous contracts 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Is it just me or does anyone else play such videos just to hear Coleman speak? I just love his talking style and his choice of words. 

He's definitely a fan favorite, and not just in Buffalo. On the r/nfl subreddit, fans of Lions, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, etc all love him and love his press conferences.

edit:

And with gems like "You never get fined for over-communicating" it sounds like he'll stay a favorite!

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

I had to travel yesterday, so only watched the 1st half.  I was pretty bummed about how we looked, and was thinking that I was overrating this team in my own head & that they were pretty average (at best).

It's crazy that it was 10-7 at the half, and we ended up winning 34-10.  That's as dramatic as turnarounds get.  

One thing that I have to credit the coaching staff with - they make good halftime adjustments. We've really seen this all season, where we can look pretty bad in the 1st half and then come out looking like a different team in the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

After one game it sure looks like Cooper will help this team and open things up for other players on offense.  

It is a team game, and chemistry is important.  

it makes sense he would have good chemistry here.  He has a relationship with one of the coaches plus He is friends and former teammates with keon's cousin Ceedee lamb.  So I imagine they had some things in common before they even met.

then the big one, he is looking for a payday and he just got traded to play with Josh Allen.  

• Agree 1

Ok, I know it doesn't mean talent but love the personalities of Cooper, Keon, and Shakir. All grounded guys who seem team first.

Knox's post-game interview was great too. He's not causing a fuss about essentially being demoted to an afterthought most games and plays. 

I hope this group can succeed as they look like good people.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don’t see it. Phillips wasn’t good against the run. Carter is. Phillips would abandon his run responsibilities. 

The way Carter busts through the line reminds me of Phillips. Other DTs just don't penetrate in the same way. Hopefully he can be healthier than Phillips.

• Like (+1) 1

Watching some highlights - I have no idea how Codrington stayed on his feet during the kick-off return that started our 1st scoring drive.  The player on the coverage team picked him up and spun him around, and he just landed on his feet and kept going. Incredible balance.

And that return really gave us a spark when we needed it.

15 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Back to the defense, the broadcasters gave kudos to Babich in the 2nd half for making adjustments.  Why do they have to wait until halftime to make adjustments?  We had to watch that play to a tight end over and over in the first half.  Fortunately the Titans didn’t have more explosive players or executed even better or the halftime deficit would’ve been a lot bigger.

The reason is despite Microsoft Surface being an advertiser / partner of Buffalo Bills it is not as good as an old fashioned white board.

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know the team should be blocking out national media, but I'm a fan so I'm hungry for a response. I know this ended as a blowout amidst the 1 pm games but I'm surprised to hear nothing 

It’s just so funny….all week it’s oooooo their defense is so good it’s gonna be a tough game you wait and see then after the game mehhh the opponent was bad 

how can you give the opponent credit then take it back when the result didn’t go the way you thought 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Joe Brady absolutely stunk in the first half. Seems like at some point in time they just took the leash off of Allen and let him really sling it out there, and that's when we started being more successful.

I'm not sure if it's the case that Allen can't run the offense that they want to, or if a lot of these play calls are doomed from the start. But we really need to start games better on offense (and defense).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Joe Brady absolutely stunk in the first half. Seems like at some point in time they just took the leash off of Allen and let him really sling it out there, and that's when we started being more successful.

I'm not sure if it's the case that Allen can't run the offense that they want to, or if a lot of these play calls are doomed from the start. But we really need to start games better on offense (and defense).

Really didn’t think he was that bad in this one tbh (not that he hasn’t been bad before lol) those first down runs everyone complained about early were quite successful and that titans front 7 got straight up worn out which opened up a ton in the second half

there were a lot of execution issues early too which killed drives (still coaching sure but not necessarily a playcalling issue) cooper had that drop, I think it was Dawkins that gave up a bad sack, Dawkins had a false start to eliminate a nice first down run, and so on 

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know the team should be blocking out national media, but I'm a fan so I'm hungry for a response. I know this ended as a blowout amidst the 1 pm games but I'm surprised to hear nothing 

Also, all the talking heads would always drone on and on that Josh Allen turns the ball over too much.......now that he has gone 7 games without an interception, you hear nothing from these guys about that.....I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1