10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Philo said:

The top receiving options of Cooper/Coleman/Shakir/Kincaid has a ton of potential. Love what I saw today!

At this point I would IR Samuel to work through the toe and shoulder(?) injury and let the top 4 guys get to work. Then if he gets fully healthy on the backend of the season Samuel could add a nice little wrinkle into the offense as a pure gadget guy. 

And man I love the one-two punch of Cook and Davis. 

I agree on Samuel. He hasn't been right since Week 1. Reinforcements have arrived and Cook can do a lot of the things I expected Samuel to be doing now that Davis is a solid between the tackles runner

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

A couple weeks ago looked like the worst passing chart I've ever seen. This is one of his better passing charts. Allen was off target on a few passes but played a great game.

Just as recently as oh last week these guys were saying we need to be throwing a bunch of short stuff at LOS and underneath

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I missed the first half which sounds like a good thing! Mcd needs to figure out these slow starts. 

What are the Chances we see Cooper jump in the stands after a Touchdown this season?He seems all Business..

Keon on the other hand is all in on that.. 

Someone needs to tell him that he will not get mugged if he does that in Buffalo unlike Cleveland.

Maybe someone will hold sign saying "Coleman leap zone".

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

Thank you. I caught this during the game and the replays didn’t show this part of the play. 

3 hours ago, Real McClappy said:

What is lame is that BS reversed TD would have tied Mahomes for most TD in 1st 100 games.

How was it BS? He stepped out and lost control. It was the correct call. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Bills needed to "get fat" on the Titans and they did just that in very commanding fashion. Defense started a bit shaky but 10 points in a half is not that bad all things considered but then in the second half the Bills defense as they do against most mediocre to bad QB's the defense shut the door and made very big plays (that 4th down stop on Pollard was the pivot point of the game) in the second half. 

The offense started out a bit flat but they got going in a big way. The Titans for all their flaws have an average at worst defense in the league and the Bills offense had a solid bounce back effort. The team also showcased what Cooper could bring to this team. Keon, Shakir, and Kincaid seemed to have more room to operate with the presence of Cooper and I think once Samuel gets going he's going to be a hyped up gadget player with some slot WR pop. 

The offensive line looked good for the most part against a fairly good Titans D-line while Josh once again made some plays but didn't have to be "Superman" consistently. It is a long season, you gotta get the wins you are supposed to win and that's a good thing. 

I am happy with this win, especially with a convincing final score but the game script was predictable and one we’ve seen over and over again.

First of all, veteran journeyman backup QB starts and carves up the Bills defense.  When this team sees the starter isn’t playing do they relax and think it’s going to be easy?

Next, Bills first offensive possession.   I have been one to provide information about Amari Cooper’s history of drops, not to criticize the trade for him.  However, there he was open on a 3rd down play for a first down, ball right in his hands, and he drops it.  Fortunately, he rebounded from that and had a very nice game.

Second Bills possession.  3rd down.  Josh scrambles to the left.  On replay you see Kincaid wide open over the middle for a first down also running to the left.   Instead, Josh continues left and then attempts a very difficult pass 20+ yards downfield to a covered receiver.    I guess the bottom line is with him is he enjoys showing off his arm and making the great play instead of taking the boring shorter play.   In comparison, it would be like expecting Steph Curry to shoot only mid-range shots and stop shooting threes or Aaron Judge to bunt or just hit singles.

Back to the defense, the broadcasters gave kudos to Babich in the 2nd half for making adjustments.  Why do they have to wait until halftime to make adjustments?  We had to watch that play to a tight end over and over in the first half.  Fortunately the Titans didn’t have more explosive players or executed even better or the halftime deficit would’ve been a lot bigger.

Finally, I’m glad these Bills were finally able to get their sh$&# together and force their will on a less talented team.  5-2 with a good division cushion and an upcoming trip to the Northwest.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I am happy with this win, especially with a convincing final score but the game script was predictable and one we’ve seen over and over again.

First of all, veteran journeyman backup QB starts and carves up the Bills defense.  When this team sees the starter isn’t playing do they relax and think it’s going to be easy?

Next, Bills first offensive possession.   I have been one to provide information about Amari Cooper’s history of drops, not to criticize the trade for him.  However, there he was open on a 3rd down play for a first down, ball right in his hands, and he drops it.  Fortunately, he rebounded from that and had a very nice game.

Second Bills possession.  3rd down.  Josh scrambles to the left.  On replay you see Kincaid wide open over the middle for a first down also running to the left.   Instead, Josh continues left and then attempts a very difficult pass 20+ yards downfield to a covered receiver.    I guess the bottom line is with him is he enjoys showing off his arm and making the great play instead of taking the boring shorter play.   In comparison, it would be like expecting Steph Curry to shoot only mid-range shots and stop shooting threes or Aaron Judge to bunt or just hit singles.

Back to the defense, the broadcasters gave kudos to Babich in the 2nd half for making adjustments.  Why do they have to wait until halftime to make adjustments?  We had to watch that play to a tight end over and over in the first half.  Fortunately the Titans didn’t have more explosive players or executed even better or the halftime deficit would’ve been a lot bigger.

Finally, I’m glad these Bills were finally able to get their sh$&# together and force their will on a less talented team.  5-2 with a good division cushion and an upcoming trip to the Northwest.

215 and 1TD is "carved up"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Slow start for sure but the bulk of this post, and its tone, sounds like you don't take much solace in the final score of this game, which indicates it was a thrashing.  And the "full game" body of work was rather outstanding taken as a whole.  The score reflects the better team imposing its will on an inferior team.  Come on, man - Be happier!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I know Josh had like a perfect playoff game but you know that nobody really plays perfect all the time right? People make mistakes.  Adams dropped his first pass from Rodgers too.  Mahomes is the int king this year.  Players arent perfect. You are nit picking a bit here.

4 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Slow start for sure but the bulk of this post, and its tone, sounds like you don't take much solace in the final score of this game, which indicates it was a thrashing.  And the "full game" body of work was rather outstanding taken as a whole.  The score reflects the better team imposing its will on an inferior team.  Come on, man - Be happier!

I don’t think people notice that bad teams play good teams tough for a half then crumble literally all the time because they are hyper focused on what the bills are doing. 

wire to wire thrashings aren’t terribly common 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 4