10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans post game thread

BuffaloBill

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It wasn't baffling at all...they wanted the wind advantage for the 4th quarter.  Sometimes people simply don't realize all the factors that go into decisions.

Right, hence the caveat that if getting the wind in the 4th was accomplished, then I'm for it. But that first half was still a slog.

1 hour ago, KCNC said:

It's probably been discussed, but can someone tell me with the Titans did not lose a timeout on the challenge on the Kincaid catch near the endzone?

Because although it was ruled a catch, they did change the spot since it was returned to where he fumbled the ball forward out of bounds. Since they changed something, Tennessee technically "won" the challenge.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Chris Brown already has this written down

Just listened to wgr and yes, when amari scored, Chris Brown had an org*sm and shouted “touchdown super cooper!”

then when Davis scored he said “touchdown Ray ‘The Piledriver’ Davis!”  WTF???

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just listened to wgr and yes, when amari scored, Chris Brown had an ***** and shouted “touchdown super cooper!”

then when David scored he said “touchdown Ray ‘The Piledriver’ Davis!”  WTF???

The Cook has found the kitchen...

uggh.  He is painful to listen to at times.  The radio broadcast has the best information during the game but the call is kind of a tough listen.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Chiefs made a mistake letting us draft Keon Coleman!

Am I doing it right? 

I was at the game and missed the GDT - assuming there was an absence of Worther truthers in there

15 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The Cook has found the kitchen...

uggh.  He is painful to listen to at times.  The radio broadcast has the best information during the game but the call is kind of a tough listen.

Trying way to hard, just call the game with some excitement and stop trying to be original, if it doesn’t come naturally then maybe play by play isn’t your thing.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

For those of you who did not hear the game broadcast, they said McDermott made Bass win a kicking contest against the other kicker during practice on Thursday. He had to win to get the start.  That is genius! Make him kick for his job, to simulate pressure. I think it helped.  Keep it up!

We were watching Bass during warm-ups - the wind was really blowing - I said to my son this is not great conditions to have your job on the line for every kick!   Was kinda crazy being there in the wind and sensing the pressure knowing just one miss and the hordes would be calling for his head.

I actually didn't see him miss a warm-up kick.  At the end of halftime both kickers were trying to kick to the end with wind at their face battling the marching band on the field for position to kick.  I saw him make every one then as well - but the ones further out were really getting pushed down by the wind and dying at the end - but he got them all through.  Given the physical conditions and mental pressure, was really a remarkable performance by him IMO

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

We were watching Bass during warm-ups - the wind was really blowing - I said to my son this is not great conditions to have your job on the line for every kick!   Was kinda crazy being there in the wind and sensing the pressure knowing just one miss and the hordes would be calling for his head.

I actually didn't see him miss a warm-up kick.  At the end of halftime both kickers were trying to kick to the end with wind at their face battling the marching band on the field for position to kick.  I saw him make every one then as well - but the ones further out were really getting pushed down by the wind and dying at the end - but he got them all through.  Given the physical conditions and mental pressure was really a remarkable performance by him IMO

It was funny watching them try and set up and have to then maneuver around the band!  

Watched Bass set up his last practice kick and nail it.  Looked like he had confidence walking off the field after that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nucci said:

How are they sneaky? All their games are televised and reported on.

Haha, true true, especially with the NFL media machine. But seriously, I just meant that they are a small market team without any real stars or hot shot coach, and are like the 3rd (or even 4th) talked about team in their crappy division.

They shouldnt sneak up on the Bills, but they're definitely sneaking up on the Bills fans who think it will be an easier game.

• Like (+1) 1