10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans 1st half thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

They took the ball out of Allen’s hands with the scheme and now the scheme doesn’t work (against real teams) and Allen is back to shouldering the entire load while being told to be careful with the ball and to protect his health.  So we have no where to throw the ball, Allen being told not to run, and Allen feeling the pressure to make something happen, while working in all of his weakest areas.. it’s pure brilliance.

Could be, but this is speculation. The passing game did just fine under man to man both Miami, who solely went to it in the 2nd half in game 2 and the Jets to a lesser extent, but in both those games, one pre, one post Allen hand injury, Allen kept the D honest with scrambling.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Absolutely shocking the number of fans in this thread blaming Allen. That's what this regime has brought us to. Whatever the result of this season, short of a Super Bowl appearance they need to clean house. Another year of Allen's career cannot be wasted.

He's not taking the easy stuff. Trying to hard to push the ball downfield 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

The ONLY chance IMO that Pegula even entertains firing him is if a HEALTHY Bills squad misses the playoffs. Anything else and he’ll keep him. Pegula too afraid to rock the boat. 

That's a bad metric.  The Pats are finished, the Dolphins are playing 500 ball with a backup, and then there's the Jets.  I mean if you don't make the playoffs you're a bottom feeder league wide considering the current state of the division.  So yeah they should definitely be fired if they don't get into the playoffs, but it's not much of an accomplishment if that's all they do all things considered.

10 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I agree completely. I'm standing next to a die Hard KC fan, his comment to me....."why doesn't the OC play to Allen's strengths?".

He also asked why Allen is trying to force the air game when he has the corridors to run for yardage, keeping the D honest. So it's 2 fold, the problem that is, at least from eyes from other teams fans 

Yea biggest thing I’ve noticed this year- Allen doesn’t take off running anymore.  He used to do it a few times a game and it kept droves alive and killed teams.  Not he’s forcing bad balls to covered guys (like the one throw to doubled covered Keon) or waiting too long and getting caught be defenders 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brand J said:

It’s not ALL on Allen, but he certainly bears some of the blame for the struggling passing attack. To suggest he’s been near perfect and everyone else is at fault is asinine. 

Some of the negative josh posts have been massive hyperbole though…guys make plays on balls that aren’t perfectly thrown all across the league every week. Nobody is hitting guys between the numbers every throw 

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

It’s not ALL on Allen, but he certainly bears some of the blame for the struggling passing attack. To suggest he’s been near perfect and everyone else is at fault is asinine. 

No QB plays perfect. The scheme is broken, the play calling is predictable, nobody can separate, Allen's skill set is not used properly. So yes everyone else is at fault. The obvious answer is the correct one.

• Disagree 1

Just now, peterpan said:

Yea biggest thing I’ve noticed this year- Allen doesn’t take off running anymore.  He used to do it a few times a game and it kept droves alive and killed teams.  Not he’s forcing bad balls to covered guys (like the one throw to doubled covered Keon) or waiting too long and getting caught be defenders 

he stopped after he hurt his hand.   so he cant brace himself with that hand now,  and i imagine the coaches are worried about him fumbling.   just a guess mind you.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, bouds said:

That's a bad metric.  The Pats are finished, the Dolphins are playing 500 ball with a backup, and then there's the Jets.  I mean if you don't make the playoffs you're a bottom feeder league wide considering the current state of the division.  So yeah they should definitely be fired if they don't get into the playoffs, but it's not much of an accomplishment if that's all they do all things considered.

Sadly, I really think he’s our Marvin Lewis now…

Just now, Steptide said:

Can we try a slant pass. Just once. Please. Anythjng 

The crazy thing to me is that we started off the year doing things like that. I remember week one having Coleman running a slant route against a guy he physically outmatched and got a PI call.

He DID have offensive originality I just have zero idea what's happened 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

id say try a screen to Cook,  but we all know how that will end.

It’s so odd. We have weapons. That one toss to Kincaid was beautiful, but we never go back and it’s just Josh criss crossing the field looking for miracle plays 

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1