10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans 1st half thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Lol nice backtrack

Ā 

Deferring is probably the easiest decision in all of football

Ā 

You can call it arrogance, but it's really just sound decision making.

Ā 

When you take the ball you risk losing your advantage immediately (as happened today). It also puts a ton of pressure on the first drive. If you don't cash in for whatever reason, you lose the strategic advantage.

Ā 

When you defer you not only have the advantage of taking away the other teams advantage right away, but you also gain the possible coveted "double-dip", getting an extra possession.

Ā 

Tell me again how I'm ignorant?

I didn't backtrack. At all.

Ā 

I don't disagree with those points. All valid. But yes you are still ignorant of why the choice was made. I'll wait to hear the answer to the question before I judge the move.Ā 

Ā 

Perhaps they felt that playing a team that's been playing poor and being at home...a chance to jump out early, smack their morale and set the tone was needed. Maybe they were super confident in their opening script. I have no idea.Ā 

Ā 

It didn't work, so it was a bad result. But it didn't play out well because of execution...not coaches decision.