Week 7 - Around the NFL

Sojourner

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

I don't think Russ has played that well TBH.  Looks immobile, but has made a few nice accurate throws that Fields would never make.  But blew some 3rd down plays in 1st half and "dirted" way too many throws (arm strength lacking on the move)

He hasn't played particularly well but he's managed the offense. Fields was out of the trust tree there because he wasn't executing.

With hindsight those early 1st half misses feel more like shaking off the rust than fundamental problems. No one is mistaking Russell Willson with his Legion of Boom era self, but he is the best QB on their roster.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is the worst possible result for them…losing a couple olinemen and the game.  Their season is pretty much over 

Yeah I just don’t see mentally how they recover from these last two losses. With all their go for broke moves. They just have to be devastated now. 

Edited by Billznut

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Fields likely doesn’t even give those guys chances to make those plays though.  Overall I don’t think Russ has been good but he’s givin those playmakers a chance 

I think it goes both ways.  Pickens has basically been 🔥 all night.  If he misses just 1 of his 50/50 plays, this game is in a different spot.  Pickens has bailed out Russ.

Fields has bailed out the OL all year.  

So yes it's a give/take, each player has warts.