Week 7 - Around the NFL

Sojourner

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

NE is bad on an entirely different level.  I agree the Jets are unlikely to turn it all around but I highly doubt they lose next week.  

The only hope the Pats have is that they can outscore the Jests ... like 50-48.  They're totally inept on defense.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Agree in totality, but for us it’s just been that we’ve been so much more depleted due to injuries than KC in the playoffs … and it’s shown up the last two times we played them.  

Same thing happened to CIN two years ago when they lost almost their entire OL. 

Chiefs have had some big injuries this season with Rice/Brown, but will absolutely trade for a WR before the deadline and manage to avoid the injuries the rest of us have had in the postseason.  

A massively understated part of their dynasty. 

I’d say it’s massively overstated. 

They’re currently down their top 3 WRs, including a player who was pacing for 1600, plus their best RB and top edge rusher, with Mahomes playing at his worst, and they’re 6-0 vs the toughest schedule in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

NE is bad on an entirely different level.  I agree the Jets are unlikely to turn it all around but I highly doubt they lose next week.  

"Unlikely to turn it around", yea I would say so. As for NE, sure they're bad but so are the Jets and after losing back to back make or break games against the Bills & Steelers they're ready for a let down.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I didn't know Huntley was injured and never returned for the Dolphins.

Woof.

Stick a fork in that team if Tua isn’t back before week 9. 

For all the hate on Tyreek, the fact they don’t just force him the football is absurd. He had 2 targets. 

I bought some of the McDaniels hype but some of what he schemes without Tua is unwatchable football. 

I’ll give him credit, he turned Tua around and stuck with him to create a legit offense last season but wow, they’re a brutal watch even with all these brilliant skill position players. 

7 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

I’d say it’s massively overstated. 

They’re currently down their top 3 WRs, including a player who was pacing for 1600, plus their best RB and top edge rusher, with Mahomes playing at his worst, and they’re 6-0 vs the toughest schedule in the league.

That “tough” schedule has some caveats.  

The Ravens game could have went either way.  A toes length.  

Rice played the first 3 games.  Same Pacheco.  

The Bengals lost by 1 to them.  In KC. 

Atlanta choked.  And, it’s Atlanta.  

Chargers got out to a 10-0 lead.  Lost 17-10.  

They beat the Saints at home.  Everyone is beating them now.  

Then today they beat an injury ravaged 49er team on both sides of the ball.  

This has not been a difficult schedule.  

But, the Chiefs have the healthiest and best D in the NFL and that is the main reason they are winning.  

There could be 4-5 losses at most on their schedule but a lot would have to go wrong.  

If say we are the 4 seed, there is a good chance we might avoid them till the AFCCG.  

Could see the Chargers winning in round 1 and going to KC.  And we go to like Houston or Baltimore.  Honestly, who would you rather play in round 2?  For me it might be KC.  

Bottom line.  The best AND healthiest team wins.   

And I think it would be optimal to get that 2 or 3 seed.   

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

Looks like we'll have the division clinched by Thanksgiving

If that happens—and it could—it will be interesting to see how the team handles the situation.  Do they sit a bunch of guys, assuming the no. 1 seed is out of reach?  Give Josh a rest?  If you’re not going to get the top seed, I don’t think it makes much difference if you finish 2, 3 or 4…all three open at home in the playoffs.

Edited by mannc