Haason Reddick agrees to adjusted contract with Jets (Jets pay his lost salary and fines as bonus)

chongli

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Maybe the worst holdout ever. What a waste. 

Complete opposite. Reddick won.

He got all of his money, plus didn’t have to pay fines, plus didn’t have to play for a third of the season.

Imagine working 1/3 less and getting paid the same.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love to know how this dumb situation even happened. I have never heard of a holdout where there was a trade like this. Usually the new deal is worked out with the player as basically a condition to the trade. 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

He backed himself into a corner with the holdout before realizing the team had all the leverage.  This is his new agent’s attempt to save face.

I hardly think Reddick is going to be anymore motivated to play for the Jets than he was the previous year in Philly.  There’s no chance he’s in NY next season.  

Reddick felt that Joe Douglas agreed to work on a long term deal then after the trade felt that Douglas had lied to him and had no intention to work out a long term deal. The reports around the jets say that Saleh, Adams and now Reddick were not moves that the general manager made. Joe Douglas has not been at any of the press conferences or answering questions on the moves. Woody Johnson is doing that.

I actually think something gets done with Reddick because Woody Johnson seems to be in charge now. Reddick didn't hire Rosenhaus by accident. He has a ton of pull and teams generally don't dick him around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He got all of his money, plus didn’t have to pay fines, plus didn’t have to play for a third of the season.

He did win, but his teammates lost, as the Jets are now 2-4. And he lost six weeks of shining in his prime. Let's see if he can return to himself after a long hold out. Longer times out of action hurt Leveon Bell and Deshaun Watson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love to know how this dumb situation even happened. I have never heard of a holdout where there was a trade like this. Usually the new deal is worked out with the player as basically a condition to the trade. 

It more or less was a condition of the trade for Reddick but he seemed to give Douglas some time/the benefit of the doubt to work a deal out and then Douglas pulled a bit of a fast one on him 

The jets pretty much did this to themselves 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Adams and Reddick added to bolster both sides of the ball sounds like the Jets are likely to be right there for the last playoff spot. If they can protect the old man, they are better than Cinn., LA or Pitt. 

I think they expected to win the bills game last week knowing Shakir and cook were banged up and they would’ve been right in the thick of it. The Adams deal was probably just about done before the game even started 

the wildcard route is tough… if they lose tonight which is pre reddick being available I don’t see them making it.  Would probably have to finish 8-2 and there’s still a chance they’d miss with losses to pit and Denver 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Adams and Reddick added to bolster both sides of the ball sounds like the Jets are likely to be right there for the last playoff spot. If they can protect the old man, they are better than Cinn., LA or Pitt. 

Questionable at best.  I'd take Cincy and Steelers over Jets.

First glimpse tonight.  Steelers by 6.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

If this is in fact correct interpretation and at the same time the owner was heavily involved, then Jets are even bigger joke than I thought.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

But they’re the Jets.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think they expected to win the bills game last week knowing Shakir and cook were banged up and they would’ve been right in the thick of it. The Adams deal was probably just about done before the game even started 

the wildcard route is tough… if they lose tonight which is pre reddick being available I don’t see them making it.  Would probably have to finish 8-2 and there’s still a chance they’d miss with losses to pit and Denver 

Good take, gotta have tonight’s game.

16 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Questionable at best.  I'd take Cincy and Steelers over Jets.

First glimpse tonight.  Steelers by 6.

Cinn. defense is shaky this year and Pitt. is not good enough offensively. Let see about tonight’s game.

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

But they’re the Jets.

True, but they haven’t had an edge rusher or a #1 like Reddick and Adams. I think they’re better with Rodgers and Saleh’s departure is a big plus. Love to see an L before they get their mojo. I understand you can’t trust them historically but they have better personnel.

42 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think there’s a decent chance to get in at 10-7.  That means 8-3 which is doable but still very tough.  The Miami games could very well decided a WC spot.  

Revised Haason Reddick deal raises questions about waivable fines

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/revised-haason-reddick-deal-raises-questions-about-waivable-fines

As to the fines for preseason game checks, there’s apparently an unresolved question (which has morphed into a formal grievance) as to whether they can be waived.

It’s unclear who bent the most in order to get this done. However, the one big difference is that, before coach Robert Saleh was fired, owner Woody Johnson wasn’t directly involved in the situation. After the Saleh firing, Woody got very involved. This suggests that the Jets did something that they previously wouldn’t do in order to get the deal done.

NFLPA Files Grievance Over Haason Reddick’s Preseason Jets Fines

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/10/nflpa-files-grievance-over-haason-reddicks-preseason-jets-fines

No surprise. NFLPA appeals fines on players who deliberately, maliciously injury others players post play.