Haason Reddick agrees to adjusted contract with Jets (Jets pay his lost salary and fines as bonus)

chongli

20 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I thought teams could no longer waive fines per the cba?

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If the team waives or pays the fines, shouldn't that count against the salary cap ? ... It is like extra pay.

3 minutes ago, Saxum said:

See my twitter post just above. ⬆️

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• chongli changed the title to Hassan Reddick agrees to adjusted contract with Jets (Jets pay his lost salary and fines)
  • chongli changed the title to Haason Reddick agrees to adjusted contract with Jets (Jets pay his lost salary and fines as bonus)
39 minutes ago, chongli said:

He will report Monday and will play for the rest of the season. The Jets waived $12 million in accrued fines. A long-term extension is still being worked on by Drew Rosenhaus.

He backed himself into a corner with the holdout before realizing the team had all the leverage.  This is his new agent’s attempt to save face.

I hardly think Reddick is going to be anymore motivated to play for the Jets than he was the previous year in Philly.  There’s no chance he’s in NY next season.  

• Like (+1) 1