10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

49 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

just finished a Teams call with my son (a Bills fan) in Durham and we think we know what the issue/problem is with Tyler Bass. Its his darn name!!! Think about it - the most famous Tyler currently is Tyler Perry (really?) and going back in history probably one of the worst presidents was John Tyler who not only knocked off his running mate Harrison after several weeks in office but then went on to be loathed by all of congress. just a snippet from Wikipedia:  Almost all of Tyler's cabinet resigned shortly into his term and the Whigs expelled him from the party and dubbed him "His Accidency". Tyler was the first president to have his veto of legislation overridden by Congress.

So rather then get him a shrink I think he needs a name change.

My theory: He married a punter's daughter instead of a kicker's daughter.  She keeps giving him advice as if he was a punter.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What is the deal with Edwards? Just get rid of the guy at this point. Glad to see Ray Davis up. This guy looked like a breakout star last week. That’s a game a player rarely has for us. If he can put another good performance out there today….this guy could be a legitimate difference maker for us going forward.

On Edwards, players do become ill, and there's no reason for a backup who is #4 on the depth chart to be in the locker room and on the sideline "sharing the loooove".  But backups do have a place on the team, there's no sound reason to get rid of them.

I expect Davis is active as "break glass in emergency" if Cook can't handle the load.

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good tip!

COOOOOP!

Is it just me or does Cooper look Thick for a WR?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

As for Edwards, I don't get why he bothers people so much. He happens to be 4th safety on the depth chart so he is inactive. It was always between him and Hamlin and apparently they think Hamlin is better right now. No big deal. I for one am happy that they dress Bishop.

I don't think it is Edwards that is bothering people, as much as Beane and his scouting minions felt he was a good pick up. Like other veteran acquisitions that haven't panned out at a fairly large salary. ($2-3M for Edwards?). Add up those lower end salaries for bench warmers, and it seems like a lot of wasted salary cap money IMHO.

4 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I don't think it is Edwards that is bothering people, as much as Beane and his scouting minions felt he was a good pick up. Like other veteran acquisitions that haven't panned out at a fairly large salary. ($2-3M for Edwards?). Add up those lower end salaries for bench warmers, and it seems like a lot of wasted salary cap money IMHO.

This has a lot to do with it. Much like Poona Ford last year it's a "Ohh I've heard his name and the podcasts all spoonfed me 2 minutes of highlights of their best plays and love the move...so It must be good."

That's my complaint about most of the local podcasts. They have a wide range and firm grip on many of the loudest of the uneducated thinkers. And so help me, the Bills could resign Nate Peterman and these jokers will go on and on about what a slam dunk move it is.