10/20/24 Game 7 GAMEDAY Bills vs Titans PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

We’re back in the cozy confines of Highmark Stadium just in time for an Autumn splendor Sunday afternoon game while still basking in the afterglow of beating the Jets Monday night to up our Division lead to 2.5 games! But things are a tad different around the old house this week.. Following Tyler Bass’ latest poor performance, 4 other PKs were invited to the stadium for tryouts and we signed Lucas Havrisik to the Practice Squad (Quick! Sell your Bass jerseys now!) Another new face is now joining the team as well! Who? Just a 4X ProBowler, 7X 1000 yard reception seasons, 62 career TDs and a decade of excellence & experience in one ‘aMARi COOOOOOOPER!’ (I can just hear the crowd now!) His addition to the squad takes the team from a below level ‘Everybody Eats’ receiver room to ‘Daddy gets the Big steak!’ I believe he’ll make an immediate impact as this isn’t his 1st trade rodeo.

On the injury front, James Cook is working through a toe injury and is likely to return, but unfortunately Ray Davis has a nagging calf issue and may be held out.. We may be forced to go with Ty Johnson as our featured RB -with a little help from #17?.. If ever the preseason hype over multi-use Curtis Samuel can showcase itself, this would be a great time, given Tennessee features the Leagues #1 Defense overall. Mason Rudolf gets the start at QB for the Titans as Levis is out injured.  So hard running spiced with a little misdirection seems an appropriate counter. Khalil Shakir was able to provide a little help last week while still on the mend from the dreaded high ankle sprain injury. With the Titans featuring excellent outside coverage, what we can do underneath with slots, RBs and TEs should be effective as well as COULD provide thrilling change ups later in the game via Josh scrambles and the slippery COOOOper lulling a safety and getting free..🤞

Defensively, we started poorly against the ‘Nyets’ and surrendered way too many chunk plays throughout the game. But we returned TB & Taron Johnson who both made huge plays for us in the come from behind W! Daquan Jones & Ed Oliver were full participants at Friday’s practice and seems ready to go today, which is very encouraging. We should be able to get to the QB early and often as Tennessee lacks exceptional talent across their OL, while no longer featuring a strong running game. 

Then, we have Josh Allen. Monday night saw a return to form for our MVP in his 100th game and now packing a legit #1 WR in his gunbelt can only help! He so rarely doesn’t perform at a Superstar level at home that we’ve almost come to expect fireworks and jawdropping plays from ‘Him’, as our Home record implies! Especially so with the Titans seemingly going to be without their starting CBs today to injury! Frankly, I’m expecting a solid win a with fabulous Fall weather outlook and a rollicking crowd!

*Note to Dalton Kincaid: Please come back. We miss you.

So for those attending (I’m jealous!), enjoy the gorgeous fall foliage, cookouts and brisk air, then yell til your voice is raw once inside! There’s absolutely NOTHING like Autumn football in Buffalo!

Let’s DO THIS!

Go Bills!

Josh on playing 100 games

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Super Bowls. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Does this change how I feel about the game? Not really but was hoping to keep the Levis meme train going.

Doesn't change a damn thing.  When was the last time he started a game?  The guy is average at best running a terrible offense.  Blitz, break him in half.  Rinse and repeat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1