Looks like Josh Allen 2.0 at QB for Wyoming

BobbyC81

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

It’s a travesty Wyoming hasn’t retired that number yet. I’m not sure what they’re waiting for.

I mean Josh only played for 2 years(was injured and had a red shirt year) and didn't break any records, his technical list of accomplishments at Wyoming I think are got to MWC Championship game and was Drafted 7th overall. I don't know Josh is great obviously but it'd feel like retiring a number because he was there not because of what he did there.

Basically the QB or two before Josh with the previous HC at Wyoming actually broke a bunch of records, guy actually set the MWC most yards in a single game record with 640. 🤷‍♂️

I've watched a couple Wyoming games this season, Svoboda is Allen's exact size & has similar running ability, but he's a terrible passer, his accuracy is way worse than college Josh. He's started 7 games this year & completed 47% of his passes with 4 TDs vs 6 INTs. He does have 5 rushing TDs, he's a better runner than passer for sure.

Its true that we all had some hopes that Svoboda would channel some of Josh's energy, arm talent, and grit, but he really has been a disappointment. He has needed to have been benched for quite a while now. The biggest difference though is that Josh had and has that IT factor and could will games to a win or a close fight when we as Wyo had no business talent wise being in the game. Svoboda has none of that and hopefully no comparison between the two is ever made again!