Record Early Turnout In Georgia

Tiberius

33 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There’s unfortunately an interest in making it hard to count all of the votes on Election Day.

State laws vary on how to handle mail-in ballots but they generally fall into a handful of categories:

1. Ballots are processed and counted ahead of Election Day but results are not released until Election Day 

2. Ballots are processed before Election Day but counting of the ballots begins on Election Day

3. Processing cannot begin until Election Day and counting begins on Election Day

4. Processing cannot begin until Election Day. Counting cannot begin until polls close on Election Day

States using methods 1 or 2 are more likely to count enough votes to determine a winner on Election Day. 

States using methods 3 or 4 may take into the middle of the night or even several days to determine a winner if there are a lot of mail-in votes or the race is close. 

Easy solution would be for states like PA to change their process from method 3 to method 1 or 2

what whack-job states use method #4??????

• Vomit 1

8 hours ago, Roundybout said:

It’s a good thing no matter what. It’s always wonderful to see people exercising their God-given right of self-determination. 

I support anyone who can legally vote to do so.  And I'd support making Election Day a national holiday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Of the states releasing numbers, R’s are getting good news out of NC & NV in early voting raw data.  Leading in NC EV.  (no Clark County data in though, so it’s likely more even in NV, which is still great for R’s). 

Mixed bag in GA, which if traditional voting patterns continue, is good news for R’s.

Are R’s cannibalizing ED vote by voting early?   Or can they turn out low propensity voters + capitalize on strong registration efforts in battleground states?

Do Dems have enough enthusiasm to keep up as we get closer to ED, as EV is going to be their hardcore supporters?

Both questions are going to be where this race centers.  

R’s have some work to do in PA (if the 400k firewall is truly all Dems need / I’m skeptical of that..)

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

To my Liberal friends I've blocked (and couldn't be happier since they add no value):  

Yeah, Joe Biden got 81 million votes, but Barack Obama got 66 million votes...when Trump got 75 million votes

You people are devoid of intelligence, math, logic and other mental capabilities

No Republican has won the popular vote in the past 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

To my Liberal friends I've blocked (and couldn't be happier since they add no value):  

Yeah, Joe Biden got 81 million votes, but Barack Obama got 66 million votes...when Trump got 75 million votes

You people are devoid of intelligence, math, logic and other mental capabilities

The population of the United States increased by about 40,000,000 people between 2008 and 2020...

"Yeah, Grover Cleveland got 4.9 million votes, but Rutherford B. Hayes got 4 million votes... when James G. Blain got 4.8 million."

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The population of the United States increased by about 40,000,000 people between 2008 and 2020...

"Yeah, Grover Cleveland got 4.9 million votes, but Rutherford B. Hayes got 4 million votes... when James G. Blain got 4.8 million."

Per Google, the US population was 306m in 2008 

Looking after, the population was 313m in 2012 when Obama got 65m votes, and 331m in 2020...an increase of 18m people.  22% of Americans are under the age of 18, so the voting population grew by 14m people over those 8 years.  Not anywhere near 40m people, but keep trying

In the 2008 election, John McCain got 60m votes to Obama's 69m (129m)

In the 2012 election, Mitch Romney got 61m votes to Obama's 65m (126m total)

In the 2016 election, Donald Trump got 63m votes to Hillary's 65m (128m total)

In the 2020 election, Trump got 74m votes and Biden surged to 81m votes (155m total)

So the voting totals were generally static until mail-in voting appeared

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

Per Google, the US population was 306m in 2008 

Looking after, the population was 313m in 2012 when Obama got 65m votes, and 331m in 2020...an increase of 18m people.  22% of Americans are under the age of 18, so the voting population grew by 14m people over those 8 years.  Not anywhere near 40m people, but keep trying

In the 2008 election, John McCain got 60m votes to Obama's 69m (129m)

In the 2012 election, Mitch Romney got 61m votes to Obama's 65m (126m total)

In the 2016 election, Donald Trump got 63m votes to Hillary's 65m (128m total)

In the 2020 election, Trump got 74m votes and Biden surged to 81m votes (155m total)

So the voting totals were generally static until mail-in voting appeared

Can you think of anything happening in 2020 that would have motivated people to vote?