Darrynton Evans practice window opened.

Matt_In_NH

54 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I wonder what the plan is for him.  One more week and they have to decide to leave him on IR or waive him.   Why would they open the practice window without any RBs heading to IR?  Wonder if he is pushing to get activated or  released so he can potentially play elsewhere.  

Who is going to pick him up? I mean I get he wants to play but he is at least getting a check now...it's not like teams are beating down the door trying to sign him.

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who is going to pick him up? I mean I get he wants to play but he is at least getting a check now...it's not like teams are beating down the door trying to sign him.

I would counter with why did they put him on ir with designation to return on cutdown day?   I mean I get it he’s a fringe player but they did use a valuable ir return designation on him.   Not that they have ever used all 8.  Cook and Davis are both banged up though.  We will see…

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

I would counter with why did they put him on ir with designation to return on cutdown day?   I mean I get it he’s a fringe player but they did use a valuable ir return designation on him.   Not that they have ever used all 8

Football Sport GIF by Xbox

We need to upgrade our special teams kick team! You know with all the returns we see! McDermott has been tossing and turning since Arizona return td. And now he shall

have his vengeance 

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I wonder what the plan is for him.  One more week and they have to decide to leave him on IR or waive him.   Why would they open the practice window without any RBs heading to IR?  Wonder if he is pushing to get activated or  released so he can potentially play elsewhere.  

A lot can happen in the next 21 days. What if the RB room gets washed with injuries? Good to have someone that at least practiced on this offense in the pipeline.

At the end of his practice window if there are no openings, they can deal with what to do with him then.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I would counter with why did they put him on ir with designation to return on cutdown day?   I mean I get it he’s a fringe player but they did use a valuable ir return designation on him.   Not that they have ever used all 8.  Cook and Davis are both banged up though.  We will see…

Cook was a full participant at practice all week, he is good to go.  

18 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

A lot can happen in the next 21 days. What if the RB room gets washed with injuries? Good to have someone that at least practiced on this offense in the pipeline.

At the end of his practice window if there are no openings, they can deal with what to do with him then.

Right but they also could have just left him on IR and opened his window when they knew he was needed. 

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Right but they also could have just left him on IR and opened his window when they knew he was needed. 

They can also get him off IR and release him, which is most likely.  He’s not playing on O over any of the top 3.  He’s not worth a roster spot for ST.  Right now he’s just an expense on the books. 

• Like (+1) 1