We all love the bills...yes?

Thurmal34

49 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Im a watch collector. Watches are already insanely overpriced compared to COGS. But to say it would even be a $5k watch is a stretch. Watches made it China are just starting to get some traction (Sugess is a brand making a tourbillon that is priced insanely low for the quality) in the watch world but have a long way to go. Most are made with the exact same NH35 movement which is literally the cheapest watch movement you can imagine. It literally costs less than $1 to produce. 

That said - and don’t forget, you and I are the brainwashed ones 😂 - his followers will buy it. They will spend $100k on a hideous watch because their political candidate “made” it. It’s insane. So weird. So very weird. 

Experts quoted in this "Intelligencer" article agree with you

“The watch is claimed to use a ‘TX07 Tourbillon’ with 105 hours of power reserve, but finding any record of such a movement online is tricky. Watch commentator Nico Leonard van der Horst said in an Instagram post: ‘This is hilarious … the manufacturer of this movement is Olivier Mory, who ironically is known for making very affordable Tourbillons half made in China, half made in Switzerland.’ Van der Horst added: ‘If you were to buy this movement and put it in your own watch, you would be able to buy it for under $3.5k.’” 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/are-trumps-swiss-made-watches-from-wyoming.html

How many times do MAGAs need to be reminded that the guy is crooked as a barrel of fish hooks?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  It's illegal.  It's dishonest.  And we  know that doesn't concern you at all....

Why do the banks appraisers try and disagree with his values on his properties? Back when I ran  my flipping business I fought with the bank’s appraisal more than a handful of times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Im a watch collector. Watches are already insanely overpriced compared to COGS. But to say it would even be a $5k watch is a stretch. Watches made it China are just starting to get some traction (Sugess is a brand making a tourbillon that is priced insanely low for the quality) in the watch world but have a long way to go. Most are made with the exact same NH35 movement which is literally the cheapest watch movement you can imagine. It literally costs less than $1 to produce. 

That said - and don’t forget, you and I are the brainwashed ones 😂 - his followers will buy it. They will spend $100k on a hideous watch because their political candidate “made” it. It’s insane. So weird. So very weird. 

No self awareness. You spend thousands of dollars on watches and you think other people are brainwashed? The entire watch community exists because people are brainwashed. It's a watch, it tells time lol. I made likely 6 figures flipping watches over the years to jokers like you. I don't do it anymore as I make that per transaction in my current business but it was easy money for a while. As you mentioned, the movements can be made in China for pennies on the dollar now. It's all a farce. Real estate and land (especially farm land) is where it's at. Something useful that's in limited supply. If economies collapse, nobody will care if your watch has a swiss movement. You can get a Casio with solar power that will run forever 😂 

28 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Experts quoted in this "Intelligencer" article agree with you

“The watch is claimed to use a ‘TX07 Tourbillon’ with 105 hours of power reserve, but finding any record of such a movement online is tricky. Watch commentator Nico Leonard van der Horst said in an Instagram post: ‘This is hilarious … the manufacturer of this movement is Olivier Mory, who ironically is known for making very affordable Tourbillons half made in China, half made in Switzerland.’ Van der Horst added: ‘If you were to buy this movement and put it in your own watch, you would be able to buy it for under $3.5k.’” 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/are-trumps-swiss-made-watches-from-wyoming.html

How many times do MAGAs need to be reminded that the guy is crooked as a barrel of fish hooks?

It's really not anymore silly than any other limited edition watch. It's worth whatever other people are willing to pay for it. The prices fluctuate so much that you might find some dummy selling a watch for $5k because that's what he paid for it back in the day but you know people are now paying $10k. It's all silly.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, K D said:

It's worth whatever dumb MAGAs are willing to pay for it.

FIFY, again.

Doesn't appear any serious watch collectors are interested.  Watches are status symbols.  This watch would lower your status in most settings.  btw, wearing a gold Hamilton self winding to a baptism later today.  not super valuable except to me.  was my fathers.  some things aren't about dollars.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  It's illegal.  It's dishonest.  And we  know that doesn't concern you at all....

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Why do the banks appraisers try and disagree with his values on his properties? Back when I ran  my flipping business I fought with the bank’s appraisal more than a handful of times. 

It's not illegal or dishonest.  It's called business.  If banks had a problem with his numbers, they would have done their own assessment.  They didn't so they didn't.  It's all just pettiness.

2 minutes ago, K D said:

No self awareness. You spend thousands of dollars on watches and you think other people are brainwashed? The entire watch community exists because people are brainwashed. It's a watch, it tells time lol. I made likely 6 figures flipping watches over the years to jokers like you. I don't do it anymore as I make that per transaction in my current business but it was easy money for a while. As you mentioned, the movements can be made in China for pennies on the dollar now. It's all a farce. Real estate and land (especially farm land) is where it's at. Something useful that's in limited supply. If economies collapse, nobody will care if your watch has a swiss movement. You can get a Casio with solar power that will run forever 😂 

Good call.  People spend/waste their money on all sorts of *****. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It's hyperbole.  But should trump become fuhrer he could take ownership of the Bills which he has wanted for many years.

He had 4 years to do this.......who comes up with a plan for world domination in their 70s? Even dr evil would have called it quits by now.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

FIFY, again.

Doesn't appear any serious watch collectors are interested.  Watches are status symbols.  This watch would lower your status in most settings.  btw, wearing a gold Hamilton self winding to a baptism later today.  not super valuable except to me.  was my fathers.  some things aren't about dollars.

They sell Trump branded guns. They are worth a premium over the normal model. He was the 45th president so it looks good on a 1911

PSX_20241019_134631.jpg