Dorian Williams

PSUBB86

I recognize that they are different positions, but it's not hard to think that Williams is already better than Edmunds ever was for this team.

At least the guy hits the run gaps aggressively instead of endlessly getting caught in the wash 10 yards downfield

48 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

The gashing is schema driven. We are giving up the runs to play prevent. Oliver out does not help at all. And play calling was timid to start the Ravens game. We didn't pressure at all. And got smacked in the mouth.

Don't agree completely. Scheme didn't help, but big gains are often on the LBs and safeties.  Good teams have always been able to grind down the field on us.  Now they can break big gains occasionally too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PSUBB86 said:

We obviously miss Milano, but from my untrained eye, Williams is playing better and better at LB. Agree or disagree? I know he was a bit of a liability early on…

He was excellent against Jacksonville, poor at Baltimore, better against Houston.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He's been solid.  No, he doesn't have the instincts and understanding of the nuances of the defense that Milano has developed over the years of his career as a Bill.  I'm OK with that.  If Milano comes back healthy Buffalo has great depth at the Will spot.  If Milano is done, Buffalo is still in decent shape moving forward.  They'll just need to develop a new player to back up Williams.

26 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I recognize that they are different positions, but it's not hard to think that Williams is already better than Edmunds ever was for this team.

At least the guy hits the run gaps aggressively instead of endlessly getting caught in the wash 10 yards downfield

I agree w that. Edmunds was so over rated 

2 hours ago, T master said:

Allowing Edmunds to leave was a god send for the teams D, he was a "good" player but given his size and speed should have been a HOF talent but wasn't . Benford on the other hand almost immediately show'd that he was a much better player than Edmunds & his production has been astounding .

This season i couldn't wait to see him & Millano on the field at the same time and we did for a very short time but i can't wait for Millano to get back, then add to the mix the way Williams is playing that is just another plus and he is also showing him self to be making a bigger impact than Edmunds & for much less cash .

So let the Bears have his big contract & his mediocre play that's all right by me ...

Bernard, not Benford.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

He hits the wrong gap plenty though.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What are you saying?

I am and always have been a Dorian Williams fans.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed!  Exactly what I was alluding to.