Dorian Williams

PSUBB86

He plays aggressively, is fast, and can tackle.  But he has a long way to go to make it near Milano.  He just takes himself out of too many plays by being too aggressive or hitting the wrong gap.  I'm still optimistic he's got a fair bit of room to improve.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I've been pleasantly surprised by Dorian's improvement so far. He was always fun to watch, but he often over-pursued and seemed to have trouble processing the plays. He doesn't seem to make as many mental mistakes which is a testament to coaching and his studying. Let's not get carried away; he's no Milano good. But I don't think he's as much of a liability as he was last year, or even in pre-season.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Dorian's improvement so far. He was always fun to watch, but he often over-pursued and seemed to have trouble processing the plays. He doesn't seem to make as many mental mistakes which is a testament to coaching and his studying. Let's not get carried away; he's no Milano good. But I don't think he's as much of a liability as he was last year, or even in pre-season.

Yeah, this feels like a huge win in year 2. Hoping Milano can at least provide an elite supporting role in the playoffs. Put him in in key situations and let Williams handle the majority of snaps until Milano is fully healthy for the Super Bowl. 

To me, Dorian is a slightly more athletic and bigger Nick Bolton but doesn’t process as fast. The more time he gets on the field, maybe he closes that gap. He’s trending upwards for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

I believe he is playing better each game but theres very few Millano's running around the NFL & my thing is if they can have a trio of Williams, Benford, & Millano on the field at the same time in a 4/3 D i think the Bills could be even stronger than they are now .

I'm not real sure exactly how the D is set up because i've heard they don't run a normal or straight forward defense but if they did and could incorporate that much talent together it could be very good for the team moving forward .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, T master said:

I believe he is playing better each game but theres very few Millano's running around the NFL & my thing is if they can have a trio of Williams, Benford, & Millano on the field at the same time in a 4/3 D i think the Bills could be even stronger than they are now .

I'm not real sure exactly how the D is set up because i've heard they don't run a normal or straight forward defense but if they did and could incorporate that much talent together it could be very good for the team moving forward .

The problem with the 4-3 is that you take Taron off the field. Probably too late to coach him up as a sort of hybrid free safety, but you’d have the best defensive starters out there if he could handle it.

• Like (+1) 2

Milano’s injury may be the thing that wins us the Super Bowl. Imagine having Bernard, Milano and Williams on the field to stop Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Barkley, etc…whoever we play in the playoffs/Super Bowl 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Given his athleticism he’s always flashed but Williams was an absolute liability on the field last season.  

This year hasn’t been perfect but he’s shown steady progress which is what you want to see.   While he still can get taken advantage of, he’s shown some consistency.  

I think he has potential and given the McDermott/Babich track record of LB development I’m optimistic 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love to see a cover 1-type breakdown on Williams. While he seems to be making a lot of tackles, we also have been getting absolutely gashed in the run game, and I am wondering whether any of that is due to him. 

The gashing is schema driven. We are giving up the runs to play prevent. Oliver out does not help at all. And play calling was timid to start the Ravens game. We didn't pressure at all. And got smacked in the mouth.

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Williams is making actual tackles. Not the standing around the pile tackles we used to get from Edmunds. 

Allowing Edmunds to leave was a god send for the teams D, he was a "good" player but given his size and speed should have been a HOF talent but wasn't . Benford on the other hand almost immediately show'd that he was a much better player than Edmunds & his production has been astounding .

This season i couldn't wait to see him & Millano on the field at the same time and we did for a very short time but i can't wait for Millano to get back, then add to the mix the way Williams is playing that is just another plus and he is also showing him self to be making a bigger impact than Edmunds & for much less cash .

So let the Bears have his big contract & his mediocre play that's all right by me ...