Keon notes from MNF...

eball

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is playing it like he did in basketball, waiting to see how the defender is leaning and then trying to uncover the opposite way.  It’s what he knows right now.  He just needs more time dude.

I think saying he doesn’t know better than THAT play is a cop out. That’s not learning, that’s just getting it straight up JV wrong. I would rather hear he just got unfocused on the play than he is still playing in the paint and  WR is still that unnatural to him 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Anquan Boldin was slower than Coleman at the Combine. He was also a second round pick who played his college ball at FSU. Boldin knew how to get open. Coleman will learn. 

No offense, but in what universe was this?

Boldin never got consistent separation in his career. He just bodied DB's and won 50/50 balls while being blanketed. Look at his highlight reel and you will see 90% of receptions occurred when the DB is right on him and he just makes a great catch.

That's what Coleman will likely have to do.

His ability underneath is something not utilized enough. He housed a curl.  Outside of Diggs who is the last Bill to do that?  He is not on the same page with Allen yet.  If he can gain some trust I fully believe he will be a good receiver.  Anyone remember Shakir’s rookie season?  Similar thing.  Made some plays but was clearly making mistakes running routes.  I think the addition of Cooper helps the match up and Coverage Coleman will receive.  Hopefully, he can pick up some of his route nuance too.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just re watched, game wasn't as close as score indicated. 

Should've been 27-16 Bills..

Bass missed FG so +3 Bass mixed XP +1

Zeurlin missed 2 so +6

Fluke Hail Mary-7

And ridiculous roughing the passer on Epenesa on 3rd down, would've ended drive, led to 3 points..

Coleman was good on that drive mentioned 

But the key to victory? last 4 possessions in 1st half. Minus the hail Mary.

Bernard, Williams made huge plays in run game, offense gets 7

Daquan and AJE get 2 huge sacks, offense gets 3.

Bernard, Taron, Williams, AJE, Douglas and Rapp really stood out.

Benford is approaching elite status

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

No offense, but in what universe was this?

Boldin never got consistent separation in his career. He just bodied DB's and won 50/50 balls while being blanketed. Look at his highlight reel and you will see 90% of receptions occurred when the DB is right on him and he just makes a great catch.

That's what Coleman will likely have to do.

Boldin was great at catching balls in traffic. As you say getting open via separation was not his game, nor is it Coleman's. But Boldin still was open during most of his career even with DBs in the vicinity. Following his championship with the Ravens he basically had to retire because he got even slower so that he was no longer "open".

Note I didn't say Coleman would gain separation. I said he would learn to be open - and therefore an available target.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2024 at 1:32 PM, Mat68 said:

Dude is 21.  Not known for his route running.  Takes time to develop.  I think he is a better athlete and better with the ball in his hand than his draft profile would lead you to believe.  I think he needs the ball more and needs to be on the field more.   

TBD not known for our patience. Trebenjamin Butmunds hadn't even hit puberty yet, and we couldn't run him out of here quickly enough. He's barely even learned how to shave, yet, in Chicago.

9 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Anquan Boldin was slower than Coleman at the Combine. He was also a second round pick who played his college ball at FSU. Boldin knew how to get open. Coleman will learn. 

Not to mention playing with Cooper, Shakir and Kincaid should benefit him tremendously. He'll pass Gabe Davis by the end of the year....hopefully.

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Zeurlin missed 2 so +6

Fluke Hail Mary-7

And ridiculous roughing the passer on Epenesa on 3rd down, would've ended drive, led to 3 points..

I love Benford but he wasn’t elite against the Jets. First bad game this season. He gave up like 85 yards and a TD. Wilson smoked him several times.

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Zeurlin missed 2 so +6

Fluke Hail Mary-7

IF you're going to engage in this kind of re-engineering, then you should err on the side of generosity to BOTH teams, meaning...

...if you're just taking that 7 pt hail mary off the board, even though it was intentional and really well executed (against a questionable defense--with DEs dropping to take away the shallow sideline throw)...then maybe you should grant the FG instead, rather than just declaring the play a fluke. The Bills defense was ineffective as is on that play, so why assume they should have been effective against every scenario there? 

That kind of adjustment makes it an 8 pt game, which still allows for intrigue on that final Jets drive. That seems about right to me (at least for this exercise). 

10 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

IF you're going to engage in this kind of re-engineering, then you should err on the side of generosity to BOTH teams, meaning...

...if you're just taking that 7 pt hail mary off the board, even though it was intentional and really well executed (against a questionable defense--with DEs dropping to take away the shallow sideline throw)...then maybe you should grant the FG instead, rather than just declaring the play a fluke. The Bills defense was ineffective as is on that play, so why assume they should have been effective against every scenario there? 

That kind of adjustment makes it an 8 pt game, which still allows for intrigue on that final Jets drive. That seems about right to me (at least for this exercise). 

I know it's not a fair exercise,  but that was the last play of the half I believe,  there were 4 ,5 guys surrounding Lazzard, that's a flukey play but it seems every year we get killed by flukes plays on defense 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I know it's not a fair exercise,  but that was the last play of the half I believe,  there were 4 ,5 guys surrounding Lazzard, that's a flukey play but it seems every year we get killed by flukes plays on defense 

Can't really disagree, but then we should also imagine alternative positive results for the Jets on that drive if we're going to unilaterally wipe away a GOOD result only because it should have been unlikely or something. 

43 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Can't really disagree, but then we should also imagine alternative positive results for the Jets on that drive if we're going to unilaterally wipe away a GOOD result only because it should have been unlikely or something. 

I get it and agree, ultimately we won and that didn't matter.

On rewatch,  just felt like we were clearly the superior team. Just way more well rounded. 

I miss so much watching live because my adrenaline is pumping