Keon notes from MNF...

eball

On 10/19/2024 at 9:16 AM, starrymessenger said:

Anquan Boldin was slower than Coleman at the Combine. He was also a second round pick who played his college ball at FSU. Boldin knew how to get open. Coleman will learn. 

yea but Coleman is a couple inches taller and a few pounds lighter? I never watched anquan week in and week out but it seemed his special trait wasn’t finding soft spots as much as bullying 

we will see. I think the kid is productive and contributes in the nfl but I suspect that we talk about where this leaves his ceiling for his whole time here. A guy that doesn’t seize the number 1 spot but is better than many of the WRs drafted around him leaving him as great message board debate fodder.

((and I’m sidestepping the play where he’s trying to post up with that comment))

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yea but Coleman is a couple inches taller and a few pounds lighter? I never watched annual week in and week out but it seemed his special trait wasn’t finding soft spots as much as bullying 

we will see. I think the kid is productive and contributes in the nfl but I suspect that we talk about where this leaves his ceiling for his whole time here. A guy that doesn’t seize the number 1 spot but is better than many of the WRs drafted around him leaving him as great message board debate fodder.

((and I’m sidestepping the play where he’s trying to post up with that comment))

People like to think Boldin’s success was just due to him being a big strong dude who could out muscle DBs. But there was a high level of technique involved in his game. There are many big strong dudes. There are not many ABs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

People like to think Boldin’s success was just due to him being a big strong dude who could out muscle DBs. But there was a high level of technique involved in his game. There are many big strong dudes. There are not many ABs. 

oh, surely. I wasn’t trying to discount him. But in broad strokes, he has a special quality - his strength- that is a tier up from Keon, even if they eventually play with similar technique was all I was getting at there. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

oh, surely. I wasn’t trying to discount him. But in broad strokes, he has a special quality - his strength- that is a tier up from Keon, even if they play with similar technique was all I was getting at there. 

Sure. Anquan was a man. Keon is a big pup who I think will grow into a man as far as core strength is concerned. Wouldn’t be surprised if his frame could pack another 15 lbs.

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

You are absolutely right. I don’t ever think there will be another one. Not after getting his face broken by Eric Smith and then only missing 2 games. Dude had what? 7 plates and 40 screws in his face then went back into contact play. Absurd. 

Edited by Sojourner

Just now, Sojourner said:

You are absolutely right. I don’t ever think there will be another one. Not after getting his face broken by Eric Smith and then only missing 2 games. Dude had what? 7 players and 40 screws in his face then went back into contact play. Absurd. 

I cringe when I remember that play. it’s permanently in my memory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1