Keon notes from MNF...

eball

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere...been out of the country and not visiting the site as much.  Got a chance to re-watch the MNF game yesterday and noticed that Keon made two key catches on the GW drive in the 4th quarter.  That was nice to see and hopefully means more to come...particularly with Cooper now occupying the D's attention.

• Like (+1) 4

Keon needs to make the 50/50 downfield catch he made so many times at FSU & MSU. 

Thats what’s missing right now. 

Once he figures that out, the rest of his game might take off with Cooper demanding attention opposite him. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Keon needs to make the 50/50 downfield catch he made so many times at FSU & MSU. 

Thats what’s missing right now. 

Once he figures that out, the rest of his game might take off with Cooper demanding attention opposite him. 

Yea I’m waiting for this ball hawk / rebounder / tee Higgins skill everyone told me he has !

• Like (+1) 1

We have to give time, as he is a rookie, however I also noticed he has problems clearing an area and taking defenders with him to free up other receivers. There’s so much to being a good wideout besides catching passes. Hopefully he learns and contributes as we all hope. Go Bills!🏈🍻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Keon has a bright future but I do wonder if some around these parts aren’t setting themselves up for disappointment in the short-term. 

Prevailing sentiment seems to be Keon will continue as the x and Amari will be the z with Hollins going to the bench. I’m not so sure. McD favours veterans. I’d imagine Keon will see his snap count reduced somewhat before he eventually earns them all back (maybe as soon as later this season). 

He’ll probably continue to start as the x, just with perhaps fewer opportunities in the short-term. That’s my expectation anyways. 

Edit: I know that’s not really addressing the point of the thread, but I think it’s relevant and something few are discussing. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

starting to create some good camaraderie with the vet

Professional athletes… practice….. how do we have guys pulling Hammys and calves w how LITTLE they do

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Professional athletes… practice….. how do we have guys pulling Hammys and calves w how LITTLE they do

were you there, on site, watching them practice? you're basing on how little they do from 20 sec video of them ***** off with the ball?

I think it's more about how LITTLE you know, balln

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

I haven’t given up on Keon, but I think he has much to prove. We all knew he didn’t have great speed, but the lack of separation on film is eye opening. I believe in him as a contested catch receiver, but can you consistently rely on that? I also think he must learn how to do matchup against NFL level talent. I realize he played at FSU, but many of his biggest college games seemed to be against lesser opponents. 

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I haven’t given up on Keon, but I think he has much to prove. We all knew he didn’t have great speed, but the lack of separation on film is eye opening. I believe in him as a contested catch receiver, but can you consistently rely on that? I also think he must learn how to do matchup against NFL level talent. I realize he played at FSU, but many of his biggest college games seemed to be against lesser opponents. 

Dude is 21.  Not known for his route running.  Takes time to develop.  I think he is a better athlete and better with the ball in his hand than his draft profile would lead you to believe.  I think he needs the ball more and needs to be on the field more.   

31 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Keon has a bright future but I do wonder if some around these parts aren’t setting themselves up for disappointment in the short-term. 

Prevailing sentiment seems to be Keon will continue as the x and Amari will be the z with Hollins going to the bench. I’m not so sure. McD favours veterans. I’d imagine Keon will see his snap count reduced somewhat before he eventually earns them all back (maybe as soon as later this season). 

He’ll probably continue to start as the x, just with perhaps fewer opportunities in the short-term. That’s my expectation anyways. 

Edit: I know that’s not really addressing the point of the thread, but I think it’s relevant and something few are discussing. 

I'd usually agree about the veteran part but Keon seems to be out snapping Mack already. 

Brady could get so creative now with adding a true #1