What is Greg Rousseau worth?

I think he could see 15-20 on the open market, and I don't think he's worth that for us.  He is not a game wrecker on his own, as he needs the whole line to be healthy to make an impact.  He disappears for games at a time, which can't happen for 20 mil plus per season.  

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It can’t be done already they exercised next year’s option.  With Edmunds they declined it.

Edmunds played here on his 5th year option before becoming a FA. Yes, Rousseau’s option has been picked up for 2025, but he and the Bills can negotiate a new deal at any time. Next offseason makes sense to come to a long term deal if it’s going to happen, but I think there’s too much money on the table in FA for him so I expect him to play it out. That’s what happened with Edmunds. 

No more paying average players lots of money.  There are value signings that can be had- good players for less money.   Rapp and Daquan Jones cap numbers are both $2.8 million for this season and were brought in as free agents. R Douglas cap number is 3.3 mil, he was a trade.   That’s a total of 9 million for 3 good starters brought in from other teams (not our draft picks).

Ed Oliver is 9.7 mill. (4th highest on the team).

That’s More than those 3 combined!!!!

Save the cap space for the true superstars.  Total difference makers. 

• Agree 1

For all the resources and money put into the DL, we still lack a consistent disruptor. Sure it bubbles up from time to time, but all too often it’s missing in action.  I can’t recall very many games where our DL has dominated an opponent’s OL.

Groot has been solid but needs to elevate his game more. I don’t know if some of it is defensive scheme with our DL, as we typically bull rush with minimal stunts. 

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t envy the hard decision Beane has to make of whether to keep Rousseou or let him go. You could make a convincing argument for either direction. 

The best news is, we get to see a lot more football before anything has to be decided. 

If he’s Super Bowl MVP, that might change some minds. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

He's going to be $20M +

Most likely 4 year $90 M with about a little more than half of that guaranteed. 

So interesting because Cooper could be asking for something very similar. And Josh needs to get (re)done at some point. Douglas has to get done, Benford will as well.

As of today I am leaning they will let Groot play out his five years and we'll restock.