Amari Cooper is expected to play on Sunday

BillsFan619

13 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I love the addition, this is the guy I’ve wanted from since it became apparent “Everybody eats” was a failure.

Consummate professional. Quiet leader - the Anti-Diggs (I loved Diggs before he went batsht). Immediately becomes our #1 WR at the empty X position. Will draw coverage away from Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman.

Outright home run by Beane from a draft pick/salary standpoint. If he works out, great, we have a leg up on re-signing him for a couple years. If he doesn’t, we get a 4th or 5th comp pick next year.

His presence on the field Sunday will open up the passing game. I don’t expect anything, just having him running routes will draw coverage and decrease Mac Hollins snaps.

In my mind, "Everbody eats" means throw to the open guy instead of forcing to Diggs.

The problem has been there haven't been open guys.

So I guess it's correct to say "Everybody eats" is a failure.   Though  you could say the philosophy is fine, it just needs wideouts  who can get open.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

How is “everybody eats” a failure when you cite it throughout your post as the end result of the Cooper trade (I.e. Cooper will attract attention and open everyone else up for receptions)? Do you realize how many different players have scored TD’s and caught balls this season? Everyone eats is alive and well because Diggs is gone. 

Eh you’re right I could have phrased that better. I should have said we didn’t have the right mix of talent in our WR room to make “everybody eats” successful when teams played man coverage and closed the middle of the field.

I do give Beane credit for recognizing what was wrong and going out and getting an excellent receiver who’s skill set matches what we were missing and at a cheap price to boot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

In my mind, "Everbody eats" means throw to the open guy instead of forcing to Diggs.

So I guess it's correct to say "Everybody eats" is a failure.   Though  you could say the philosophy is fine, it just needs wideouts  who can get open.  

It was meant to distract the fan base. Instead of saying, “our WRs are trash and never open.” The spin was, “we don’t need to force the ball to one guy.” It was a load of crap that most intelligent fans saw right through. Fortunately it only lasted 6 games and they were 4-2 in that span. Now they can have Amari Cooper eat twice and Mack go hungry. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Doc said:

The question is whether McD is telling them not to scrum?  I don't think I've ever seen a penalty on a Hail Mary so I'm telling my players to take everyone down.

I seem to recall a team getting a PI call on a Hail Mary on the final play of a game, in the End Zone ... I believe the team was Buffalo ... I believe the other team was the Tom Terrific patriots.

• Vomit 1

On 10/19/2024 at 9:53 AM, hondo in seattle said:

it’s like saying you have 2 qbs

sure, it’s possible, but overwhelmingly more likely is marketing for having no qb

youd think our fans would be better at recognizing those phrases after 2 decades of them. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

it’s like saying you have 2 qbs

sure, it’s possible, but overwhelmingly more likely is marketing for having no qb

youd think our fans would be better at recognizing those phrases after 2 decades of them. 

“We have great backs, we are going to run the ball and play tough defense” = our QB is garbage

Same as it’s always been lol

I believe I saw something that said the Titans had the top defense against the pass coming into this week?

Allen hadn't thrown for 300 yards this year?

Allen carves up the Titans in the second half once Cooper got involved. That's the difference right there. And Coleman stepped up. Shakir did his thing...and Kincaid was working down the field and in the seam more. 

That's the Cooper Difference. 

This offense is about to be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I believe I saw something that said the Titans had the top defense against the pass coming into this week?

Allen carves up the Titans in the second half once Cooper got involved. That's the difference right there. And Coleman stepped up. Shakir did his thing...and Kincaid was working down the field and in the seam more. 

The most yardage they’d given up prior to today was 202 yards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Inauspicious debut but it got better as the game went on...

Feels good to have someone that can smoke man coverage off the line consistently again.

Most importantly it reshuffles the other teams defensive assignments where he draws the top CB and the other Bills recievers benefit from that as well since they all have lesser players covering them than they would have without him.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Cooper was only on the field like 40% of the time and our passing offense immediately looked legit for the first time in weeks.

It seemed like after we got Cooper and Coleman going downfield, it opened up the quick wr screens to Shakir that haven't been that successful since the Ravens game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Inauspicious debut but it got better as the game went on...

Feels good to have someone that can smoke man coverage off the line consistently again

That is just about as good as a debut is gonna get for a guy that was on the team for 4 days…freed up Ty Johnson on a td, caught his own td, made a couple big time catches.  Should’ve caught that first target but easily could’ve dropped that ball way behind him 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

you need someone to keep the defense honest and force them to cover a huge expanse of grass 

suddenly the other team can’t just drift an extra defender into the box and jam up the area that shakir/kincaid work the best. 

it’s changes the calculus to have an elite QB and a true WR1. Defenders were getting to the chairs at the dinner table before the snap. Now they have to cover the whole field and our guys can all eat.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

you need someone to keep the defense honest and force them to cover a huge expanse of grass 

suddenly the other team can’t just drift an extra defender into the box and jam up the area that shakir/kincaid work the best. 

it’s changes the calculus to have an elite QB and a true WR1. Defenders were getting to the chairs at the dinner table before the snap. Now they have to cover the whole field and our guys can all eat.

Also allows all the other Bills receivers to get lesser defenders to work against than they would have gotten without him. Coleman gets CB2 now instead of CB1, etc...