Amari Cooper is expected to play on Sunday

BillsFan619

I love the addition, this is the guy I’ve wanted from since it became apparent “Everybody eats” was a failure.

Consummate professional. Quiet leader - the Anti-Diggs (I loved Diggs before he went batsht). Immediately becomes our #1 WR at the empty X position. Will draw coverage away from Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman.

Outright home run by Beane from a draft pick/salary standpoint. If he works out, great, we have a leg up on re-signing him for a couple years. If he doesn’t, we get a 4th or 5th comp pick next year.

His presence on the field Sunday will open up the passing game. I don’t expect anything, just having him running routes will draw coverage and decrease Mac Hollins snaps.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Excellent! 

Can we now stop beating up on McD or naah ? 

That will happen if we give up no further Hail Marys , hold on to win a game with a one possession lead and 21.seconds or less left on the clock, and we don’t lose by a kicker missing xps or a fg !  Oh , and we win at least two challenges in a year , don’t get any more illegal formation calls  , and don’t get any personal foul penalties while at commercial break, don’t get called for 12 guys on the field.  I think that’s a fair starting list to stop verbally complaining about the HC.  OH,,,,LAST IS NEVER RUSH TWO AGAIN.  There , those are fair trades!  ✌️😊

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrPJax said:

That will happen if we give up no further Hail Marys , hold on to win a game with a one possession lead and 21.seconds or less left on the clock, and we don’t lose by a kicker missing xps or a fg !  Oh , and we win at least two challenges in a year , don’t get any more illegal formation calls  , and don’t get any personal foul penalties while at commercial break, don’t get called for 12 guys on the field.  I think that’s a fair starting list to stop verbally complaining about the HC.  OH,,,,LAST IS NEVER RUSH TWO AGAIN.  There , those are fair trades!  ✌️😊

Mine wasn't a universal question. I meant about this notion that he won't play Cooper because some believe it wasn't his decision. 

I have plenty to complain about McD but I won't go there in this thread. 

Didn't they rush more than 2 against Kyler Murray?

How about stop mahommes and/or burrow one time in the playoffs. Stop the - Swiss cheese soft zone pass D - look 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Didn't they rush more than 2 against Kyler Murray?

I guess for me it is simply for McD getting a better plan to defend the endzone.  The refs are always going to allow a scrum down there, Tauron got scrummed but none of the other defenders were closing on the ball.  There was no defender tracking the ball from just outside the endzone. IMO Hail Murray was well defensed on both ends except that our defenders were too short.

McDermott is in his seventh season with a firmly entrenched defensive system.  Hail Marys is a detail that should have been better planned and addressed by now.

Just now, GaryPinC said:

I guess for me it is simply for McD getting a better plan to defend the endzone.  The refs are always going to allow a scrum down there, Tauron got scrummed but none of the other defenders were closing on the ball.  There was no defender tracking the ball from just outside the endzone. IMO Hail Murray was well defensed on both ends except that our defenders were too short.

McDermott is in his seventh season with a firmly entrenched defensive system.  Hail Marys is a detail that should have been better planned and addressed by now.

The question is whether McD is telling them not to scrum?  I don't think I've ever seen a penalty on a Hail Mary so I'm telling my players to take everyone down.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Mine wasn't a universal question. I meant about this notion that he won't play Cooper because some believe it wasn't his decision. 

I have plenty to complain about McD but I won't go there in this thread. 

Let’s see if they actually use him or if Mc Clappy is too scared to have him run decoy routes or if he’s gonna make him watch and learn most of the game.

Just now, DCofNC said:

Let’s see if they actually use him or if Mc Clappy is too scared to have him run decoy routes or if he’s gonna make him watch and learn most of the game.

Why would he be scared to play Cooper?  The game was going to be a Bills win without Cooper.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I love the addition, this is the guy I’ve wanted from since it became apparent “Everybody eats” was a failure.

Consummate professional. Quiet leader - the Anti-Diggs (I loved Diggs before he went batsht). Immediately becomes our #1 WR at the empty X position. Will draw coverage away from Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman.

Outright home run by Beane from a draft pick/salary standpoint. If he works out, great, we have a leg up on re-signing him for a couple years. If he doesn’t, we get a 4th or 5th comp pick next year.

His presence on the field Sunday will open up the passing game. I don’t expect anything, just having him running routes will draw coverage and decrease Mac Hollins snaps.

How is “everybody eats” a failure when you cite it throughout your post as the end result of the Cooper trade (I.e. Cooper will attract attention and open everyone else up for receptions)? Do you realize how many different players have scored TD’s and caught balls this season? Everyone eats is alive and well because Diggs is gone. 

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

How is “everybody eats” a failure when you cite it throughout your post as the end result of the Cooper trade (I.e. Cooper will attract attention and open everyone else up for receptions)? Do you realize how many different players have scored TD’s and caught balls this season? Everyone eats is alive and well because Diggs is gone. 

Yeah, everyone will still eat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Everybody eats isn't a failure. We simply had to the wrong mix of players to execute it well.  Injuries haven't helped.  GB has 2 good pass catching TEs and 5 good catching WRs.  Love always has someone open.  

We don't have that right now, but we are getting closer to that goal with the addition of Cooper.  His presence should help Coleman and Samuel.  The best news is that Hollins is now the No. 5 WR and Samuel down to 4. 

What I'd like to see Brady do is Cooper on one boundary, Coleman on the other, Shakir in the slot and Samuel being used for everything but with more of an emphasis on deep pattern to better use his speed.  Complete a few 30 yard passes to Samuel and Cooper and all of the sudden everything else opens up.  Yes, I know Samuel hasn't been used much as a deep target over his career.  Maybe it's time to try something different with him.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Thanks for posting this as I totally share their opinion after watching Coop these last 2 1/2 seasons.  I think almost everyone here will be very happy and maybe a little surprised about what Coop still can do.  The guy was always a weapon with Cleveland.  Far harder working for YAC than Diggs.

I haven't offered much opinion about his ability to still play because he hasn't shown much this season (and so may have lost his edge) but Watson and that entire offense is a dyssynchronous abhorrent mess that goes well beyond stats.  No timing and Watson's confidence is completely shot but even before it died he was uncorking random wild passes that totally missed his target. 

Looking forward to Josh and him getting it going Sunday!

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Everybody eats isn't a failure. We simply had to the wrong mix of players to execute it well.  Injuries haven't helped.  GB has 2 good pass catching TEs and 5 good catching WRs.  Love always has someone open.  

We don't have that right now, but we are getting closer to that goal with the addition of Cooper.  His presence should help Coleman and Samuel.  The best news is that Hollins is now the No. 5 WR and Samuel down to 4. 

What I'd like to see Brady do is Cooper on one boundary, Coleman on the other, Shakir in the slot and Samuel being used for everything but with more of an emphasis on deep pattern to better use his speed.  Complete a few 30 yard passes to Samuel and Cooper and all of the sudden everything else opens up.  Yes, I know Samuel hasn't been used much as a deep target over his career.  Maybe it's time to try something different with him.   

That's basically where I'm at. Cooper and Shakir need to get the highest snaps. Followed by the rookie. Get him experience before playoffs. Samuel mixed in as a change of pace for his speed and horizontal quickness. 

Mack Hollins can focus on STs. He should not have meaningful snaps on offense unless there are a few injuries in game. 

Off topic, but I'd like to see some plays designed with both Cook and Davis on the field more.