Amari Cooper is expected to play on Sunday

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If they play him, it should be a tune up.  Limited snaps and just start creating a rhythm with Allen.  Let him really cook when against Seattle.  He’s been in a lot of bigger games, and Seattle has seriously come back to earth after 3-0.

I agree with the morning guys on WGR, there is a world where we could be 8-2 facing the Chiefs. By then Cooper will be in a nice rhythm with Allen.  It’s our best shot against KC and SF.

It’s always dangerous to look beyond the next opponent. We were there not too long ago and could routinely pull upsets. With 5 ProBowl seasons & 4 1000 yrd seasons, I believe ‘Coop’ is ready for anything asked of him right from the jump… When Josh Allen tells any receiver “just get open, I’ll find you” Take it to the bank!

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Cooper unlocking Keon (if he’s ready to step up to WR2 with the opponents defense preoccupied with Cooper) is probably the second most exciting part of this trade. 

And would be the most impactful in terms of us getting to where we want to go.  

Keon making single coverage plays down the field like he did at FSU would completely change the ceiling of this offense. 

And free up Mr. Kincaid

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I would imagine he will not have adjustments built into whatever they ask him to do this week but he can easily run a go, post, skinny post or a slant.  those are easy reads for him and the qb to make.  Just have to be careful with the slants i would imagine.

I think the biggest issue this week is how much can he play without knowing the offense as they run it and understanding that the wr here block and are a big part of the running game.  Are they going to leave him out there during a series like last weeks where they ran like 8 of 9 plays?  If he is just out there on passing downs and its obvious then isn't that a tell to the titans?  

Will be fun and nerve wracking to see how it goes.  Big plus that they are home and he will be able to hear Allen at the line of scrimmage.

Guy's a professional . he's been a wide receiver forever. It's just terminology for him at this point. Don't be surprised if he has an insane game and look like he's been there all along.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Cooper is a Gentleman with style!  that SUV is AWESOME 

"The company offers a Military Package to back up its appearance, adding upgrades like bulletproof glass, body armor, underside explosive protection, run-flat tires, and electrified door handles."

Hmm, that could come in kinda handy here in LA.... 🤔

I wonder how many snaps he's going to get on the boundary (i.e. where Keon has been lining up), and also if we start to spread Keon around a little more. I'd imagine that's where this goes eventually even if not as much this game. You don't get Cooper if you don't intend to use him out there. 

2 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Guy's a professional . he's been a wide receiver forever. It's just terminology for him at this point. Don't be surprised if he has an insane game and look like he's been there all along.

Despite your warning, I'll be surprised...

(1)  The Bills offensive terminology is notoriously difficult.  He's not going to learn the playbook with all our difficult jargon in less than a week.  He'll learn the calls for certain packages and be in the game for those.  But my guess is he won't be an every down players or even close.

(2)  The Titans pass D is good.  They don't give up a bunch of "insane games."

(3)  Brady believes in "Everyone eats."  And he's not a great pass game coordinator.  He doesn't produce a lot on "insane games" for WRs.

(4)  Allen and Cooper will need more time to develop their rapport.

I hope I'm wrong.  But I'm expecting modest production from Cooper in his first game.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

It’s not about his abilities it’s about the fact that Allen will have only thrown to him in 3 practices.

all the little things like the spacing of the routes, how he runs them depending on which hash the ball is on etc.  all that is the stuff that takes time.  

he can run any route but him and Allen will not have a feel for each other for a few games.   It’s got to be pretty rare that a wr shows up on a Wednesday and plays at a high level 4 days later.