Amari Cooper is expected to play on Sunday

BillsFan619

23 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

He'll be used mainly as a decoy is my thought.  It's just way too early to be comfortable with the offense.  I'd say he maybe has one or two catches on simplistic routes if open.

This is a TREMENDOUS pickup in both talent AND pricing.  You couldn't ask for a better Beane acquisition.

Agree on the bolded.  Disagree that he'll be just a decoy.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

How could he already mesh and know the playbook though?  Maybe they'll use him just on more simple routes?

I would imagine he will not have adjustments built into whatever they ask him to do this week but he can easily run a go, post, skinny post or a slant.  those are easy reads for him and the qb to make.  Just have to be careful with the slants i would imagine.

I think the biggest issue this week is how much can he play without knowing the offense as they run it and understanding that the wr here block and are a big part of the running game.  Are they going to leave him out there during a series like last weeks where they ran like 8 of 9 plays?  If he is just out there on passing downs and its obvious then isn't that a tell to the titans?  

Will be fun and nerve wracking to see how it goes.  Big plus that they are home and he will be able to hear Allen at the line of scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 1

If they play him, it should be a tune up.  Limited snaps and just start creating a rhythm with Allen.  Let him really cook when against Seattle.  He’s been in a lot of bigger games, and Seattle has seriously come back to earth after 3-0.

I agree with the morning guys on WGR, there is a world where we could be 8-2 facing the Chiefs. By then Cooper will be in a nice rhythm with Allen.  It’s our best shot against KC and SF.

• Like (+1) 2

for anyone going to the stadium sunday be on the lookout for some kind of exotic car!  Cooper is a big car guy.  I always saw him on the news here in Dallas driving bentley's with suicide doors and mclaren's and stuff.  Apparently he got some limited suv last year, number 1 off the line.

3H6R5IKWTKG4RPXFRJPVT4HG5E.jpg?auth=cfad

https://www.motor1.com/news/683395/cleveland-browns-amari-cooper-first-rezvani-vengeance/

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

for anyone going to the stadium sunday be on the lookout for some kind of exotic car!  Cooper is a big car guy.  I always saw him on the news here in Dallas driving bentley's with suicide doors and mclaren's and stuff.  Apparently he got some limited suv last year, number 1 off the line.

3H6R5IKWTKG4RPXFRJPVT4HG5E.jpg?auth=cfad

https://www.motor1.com/news/683395/cleveland-browns-amari-cooper-first-rezvani-vengeance/

Cooper is a Gentleman with style!  that SUV is AWESOME 

42 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

How could he already mesh and know the playbook though?  Maybe they'll use him just on more simple routes?

I would suspect he will run routes that he knows and that work with what the team already does, I see three to six catches, type of thing, remember its just football, and he’s a high quality vet who know the route trees, its not gonna be that difficult imo.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Cooper unlocking Keon (if he’s ready to step up to WR2 with the opponents defense preoccupied with Cooper) is probably the second most exciting part of this trade. 

And would be the most impactful in terms of us getting to where we want to go.  

Keon making single coverage plays down the field like he did at FSU would completely change the ceiling of this offense. 

I think this can happen quickly as Cooper gets acclimated.  I expect him to start as the lone WR in sets with 3 skills players to one side, and he wont have to time his routes off others (rubs and crosses are such a big part of Brady's offense).  This type of formation has drawn middle of the field closed coverage and gets an opportunity outside the numbers (Bills WR havent really shown an ability to take advantage).  I hope he can take advantage of these looks against the titans.  But then as he quickly works in the offense you put him on the Trips side and then give Coleman the lone receiver role and let him get buckets, which he has shown a couple times the last two games).  

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Agree simple routes.  But to me thats lone receiver routes as described above.  Ask the defense if you wanna give help coverage on him and if not let him get the ball.  Simple play.  But if you start to help there then we just run all over you.  The "complex" routes in this offense seem to be the rubs and crosses with other receivers.  He knows the routes but how to run them with the other WR could be hard so just give him all the space to eat.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 2