MENU -- Titans @ Bills Sunday October 20th -- TENNESSEE TITANS -- What's on Your Plate?

HIT BY SPIKES

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

great call on the Nashville hot chicken. 

By far THE best suggestion on this thread.

I was really hankering for some meaty beef ribs to grill or smoke but just couldn't source any at a reasonable price.

No fresh pork ribs on sale either this week.

I could still go the Nashville Chicken route however I saw Boneless Beef Shank on sale and thinking of making Memphis Osso Bucco Stew (don't look up the recipe since it does NOT exist).

Tomorrow Morning I will make the rounds at my local grocery stores at 7:00 AM and see if I luck upon a better protein and then go more Tennessee traditional however if I don't then I am going to go to deep into my Northern Italian roots and make some polenta to go with the Osso Bucco and eat it with guilt and pleasure.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

By far THE best suggestion on this thread.

I was really hankering for some meaty beef ribs to grill or smoke but just couldn't source any at a reasonable price.

No fresh pork ribs on sale either this week.

I could still go the Nashville Chicken route however I saw Boneless Beef Shank on sale and thinking of making Memphis Osso Bucco Stew (don't look up the recipe since it does NOT exist).

Tomorrow Morning I will make the rounds at my local grocery stores at 7:00 AM and see if I luck upon a better protein and then go more Tennessee traditional however if I don't then I am going to go to deep into my Northern Italian roots and make some polenta to go with the Osso Bucco and eat it with guilt and pleasure.

now that sounds excellent! Especially with the polenta! 

16 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was going to do chili from my wife as she makes a great red chili, but I have a place near me where. A Buffalonians owns it, and makes a mean Beef on Weck.  He uses prime rib so it’s not cheap, but it’s worth it and huge. I always make sure they cut in half as I could never eat the whole thing.

Sounds amazing but I bet you could try to eat the whole thing lol 😆 and back in the day we probably could 😅 

• Like (+1) 1

Home fried chicken wings. Due to past radiation on her mouth and neck region, my wife cannot have anything even remotely spicy. So we buy wings from local farmers, and my wife fries them up. She eats hers plain, and I douse mine in a hot chicken wing sauce. 

On 10/18/2024 at 10:46 AM, MiltonWaddams said:

Nashville Hot Chicken 

Roasted Potatoes

collard Greens 

Okra

Keeping it South

If they had a heart emoji, I'd give you that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Just water...I'm getting a colonoscopy Monday... poor planning on my part 

I had 3 over a series of 4 years -- all good -- and THE worst part of the process is the prep.

The second last time they said it went well with no results to worry about butt because I was sooooooo full of crap they wanted me to have yet another one to perform a more complete search within a year butt this time with a double prep of 48 hours with double the prep liquid.

I lived in the bathroom for almost the entire 48 hours.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Good advice.

I made a huge batch of fish broth to keep me from getting very weak during the 48 hour prep.

I think you might need to start a separate “what’s on your plate if you’re fasting before a medical procedure” thread.  e.g. Fish broth before the Miami games.  

• Like (+1) 1