Jerry Jones gets snippy during radio interview.

PromoTheRobot

47 minutes ago, Success said:

This was completely uncalled for.  What an arrogant, out-of-touch jerk.

I remember after the SB's in the nineties - he thought he was some kind of genius.  Since then, he has given a clinic on "meddling owners" and their negative impact on teams.

He could never accept that Jimmy Johnson was the brains that made the whole thing work. 

Three decades later, I think it’s pretty clear. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

I remember after the SB's in the nineties - he thought he was some kind of genius.  Since then, he has given a clinic on "meddling owners" and their negative impact on teams.

That was an era with different free agency rules and no salary cap. Now that he can't use his wallet to win, he's shown his true colors.

Brilliant businessman, absolutely terrible GM.

• Agree 2

I would definitely change the wording in your topic, the "gets snippy".

Sounds like he said something snarky to a waiter because he didn't like the way his steak was cooked. (And I am sure jones abuses waiters too, when those lowly peasants do not please him.)

Instead, jones lambasted the host of a radio show interviewing him because he dared to ask the emperor himself if the team's problems were related to the fact that almost no players were added to address the team weaknesses after last season, referencing the criticism of him in the off season.

jones threatened to fire him for asking him the question, saying he could get someone else to sit there with a microphone and ask him more appropriate questions, etcetera.  When the host laughed once at king jerry's words, threat, jones interrupted him and said he was "not kidding".

He bragged that he would be meeting with the other 32 NFL owners this week and that maybe this hack (my word), the know it all, thinks he could do such an important thing.

He said he was not going to sit there and be asked what he has done wrong when clearly he has done so much more right over the years.  He wasn't going to "look back at decisions" When the host said  that the criticism was that jones did not, and would not, spend to add players in the off-season, lord jerry said, "I remember those criticisms well--so what? What's your point?... This is not your job, to go over all the reasons I did something. ...That is not your job, or I'll get someone else to ask these questions", causing the host to laugh uncomfortably as one would tend to do when their job is threatened on the air because you are asking  the team owner and GM a reasonable question about the team.

Context: jerry almost always praises the great talent on the team after losses, clearly indicating he, and his chosen talent, are not the reason for the losses. But Dallas has given up 167 points in their last 4 home games.  In that stretch, their best home game defensively was a few weeks ago when they gave up only 28 points to the Ravens, rather than the 44, 47 and 48 given up in the other four home losses.

Tyrannical, unhinged etcetera are much more accurate descriptors than 'snippy', to describe how this warped man laid into the host of the radio show, threatening his livelihood, and mocking him, because he had the audacity to question the emperor on the imploding mess of a team that he has created.

Shameful, and the league should definitely discipline jones, let the other owners know that they do not get to abuse their significant power just because they have it.

A personal side note to Mr. diggs:  you gotta get out of there, don't you think?, though you are exactly the kind of player that embodies jerry's team to a tee.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Awesome! (+1) 1