Ketchup or Mustard?

Another Fan

Ketchup or Mustard?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Ketchup
    • Mustard

Ketchup is a staple, and mustard has uses, including Dijon in sauces and dressings. Ketchup is mandatory for most restaurant fries. I like yellow mustard on a hot dog, but I can also use chili sauce on my hot dogs, so don’t be too quick to judge. It may look like ketchup on a hot dog, but there is a loop hole there. Relax! 

• Like (+1) 2

Mustard for sure.

It has more use cases for me.

I can do a burger and hotdog with just mustard if need be but ketchup doesn't work on sausage, pretzels, cheese/crackers, and most meats for subs/sandwiches. Also mustard is a needed base for a lot of dipping sauces, dressings and marinades.

The only thing I can think of that would miss ketchup is french fries, but I can eat those plain or dip them in something else like hot sauce and/or blue cheese.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Which do you more prefer? 

For decorating on game day?  I prefer mustard since it is easier to get out stains.

11 minutes ago, jayg said:

I like em all! Mayo,  BBQ sauce,  horseradish! More sauce the better,  IMO.

Someone needs to experience the full Bills tailgate experience.

43 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

The only thing I can think of that would miss ketchup is french fries, but I can eat those plain or dip them in something else like hot sauce and/or blue cheese.

Malt vinegar!  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

More mustard as I get older.  Ketchup is too sweet for me these days - I still use it on burgers, though.  Everything else is mustard, except fries - I go with mayo.

Mayo, huh? That’s OK, you are among friends here. We won’t judge you for that. 

.as far as you know…..

• Haha (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Saxum said:

For decorating on game day?  I prefer mustard since it is easier to get out stains.

Someone needs to experience the full Bills tailgate experience.

Are you asking me out ? Like,  just as friends

3 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I have like five different flavors of mustard in my fridge.....so mustard. 

I live in Richmond, VA and so fortunate to have a Wegmans 5 minutes from my house.  Love Webers horseradish mustard!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jayg said:

Are you asking me out ? Like,  just as friends

I live in Richmond, VA and so fortunate to have a Wegmans 5 minutes from my house.  Love Webers horseradish mustard!

Oh, what I would give for a Wegman’s near me! Like a beautiful view, you probably start to let your appreciation fade. Visiting Wegman’s was actually on my list to to-do things when I was back in September. I’m at a Publix 5-6 days a week, and there is no comparison. 

I have ketchup, chili sauce and 4 different mustards in the fridge. I actually thought it would be more, but ran out of the coarse ground stuff. There is a time and a place for each. Ketchup is just ketchup, but it has its own place. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, what I would give for a Wegman’s near me! Like a beautiful view, you probably start to let your appreciation fade. Visiting Wegman’s was actually on my list to to-do things when I was back in September. I’m at a Publix 5-6 days a week, and there is no comparison. 

I have ketchup, chili sauce and 4 different mustards in the fridge. I actually thought it would be more, but ran out of the coarse ground stuff. There is a time and a place for each. Ketchup is just ketchup, but it has its own place. 

Yeah we have Publix here and they are more expensive and “meh.”  

As for the point of the thread I would have to say mustard because there are more varieties and variations.  

• Like (+1) 1