Kicker Lucas Havrisik signed to PS

HappyDays

Never heard of any of these guys, 

If I had to guess I'd say Tyler Bass is 100% the Bills kicker for the remainder of 2024. I mean, unless he either spontaneously combusts or suddenly goes 1 for 16 or something, he's the guy. And he's the guy because there really aren't any better alternatives available. It's not like some dude with the kicking caliber of Justin Tucker is just sitting around in his fudgies waiting for a phone call. 

I imagine he'll be the guy going forward but for 2025 I guarantee he's gonna be competing for the jorb. 

Hopefully he hits his groove. Not sure what his deal is, and I've said it before, I don't mind a miss here and there, it's going to happen. It's the way in which he's missed. Most are a few feet wide right or left but cripes, he's had a few this year that are just Shankasaurus Rex, bootin' that thing into the fourth row type of misses that are hard to look past. And I think one of the most troubling aspects has been some of these misses are coming from his preferred side of the field. He likes to kick off the left hash. Every time he has one coming off the right side ya never really know if it's gonna go thru. In the past when he'd kick from the left I'd feel pretty confident but as of late that confidence is a little down. 

Just kick the GD ball, Tyler. Preferably in between the long yellow poles at the end of the field. 

Edited by blacklabel

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

No, ours.

I know, I'm making a joke that it takes the opposing coach to help you get in position to make a last second long field goal as time expires...

You're saying our coach needs to be better to get a kicker into those situations, and I'm saying we actually need an opposing coach to help us get in those situations.

Which, is tongue in cheek on my part, but adds a nice layer to the joke

Funny thing is, there’s at least ONE guy out there right now who’s waiting to become the next Brandon Aubrey, but to this point has lacked opportunity and belief from a coaching staff. Whether he’s in the UFL, CFL, a UDFA right now, or whatever, he’s out there. But we’re not likely to find him without a crystal ball foretelling the futures of all available kickers should they get an opportunity.

Was looking at Spotrac and the Browns when we got Cooper.  Here is a trade I would propose:

Bass plus a (reasonable) pick that Cleveland will take; for 

Dustin Hopkins.  

Hopkins makes like $5 million, so trading Bass would reduce the cap hit.  Cleveland can get him right or cut him - they are doing this deal for the pick.  

4 hours ago, 0017 said:

Jesus just the shear length of his legs gets him about 4 yards closer on every kick then an avg. kicker! 😃

Have seen this kid in person at MSU a couple times - he can absolutely bomb it!  I did a double take when I saw him punt the hell out of the ball….and he kept bombing punts and had a 40+ yd kick as well.  

Go Cats Go!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

having a subpar K on the PS can't make Bass better or worse.  

I think it does. To each his own tho 🤙🏼 My thought is it gets him thinking a little.  🤔Like I better get my chit together or I'm gonna sit. That's all