Kicker Lucas Havrisik signed to PS

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Andrew Son said:

To me it makes the most sense to trade.

Move Bass and some draft capital to a bad team with a good kicker.  That way we move the salary and the rebuilding team gets some draft capital.  Kicker is too important to mess around like this.

Some guy started a thread like that 3 weeks ago and got roasted for it.  I’ll look in the mirror and try to find him.

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

Only drawback to the fat guy is that with the new kickoff rules a TD is more likely than before, so your kicker is your last line of defense. He’s gotta be able to run. 

I saw that a a benefit.  Big hitter.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what's the point of signing this bum to the PS?  

Bass will feel better about himself once he sees this turd kick. Maybe it will get his mojo back. 🤣

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Justin Tuckers aren’t available in October

Thank you.  I don’t know why anyone is thinking there are Pro Bowl kickers available and just hanging out on the streets.

As for Bass all the sudden becoming consistent again just bc we signed some guy on the PS, do people think he’s been trying to miss or not understanding his job?  Hopefully Bass can clean up whatever’s been plaguing him, but it’s not like this sends some message he isn’t already aware of.

Psychology is a weird thing. I wonder if Bass has declined precisely because the team has showed such faith in him up to now, with his mechanics getting worse and worse the more his teammates and coaches have rallied around him. Might be hard to regain one's swagger in that atmosphere. You're not cocky in response to sympathy; you're grateful, guilty, frustrated, and helpless, more of a weepy limp noodle than a fierce warrior with a chip on his shoulder. You can't go into a critical kick terrified you're going to let your friends down; that just doesn't work. 

No idea how he would get his swagger back. Frankly, I see him only getting worse, not better. If I'm Beane, I'd be looking at the worst teams with the best kickers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Those numbers are abysmal. Ugh. 

Yeah we sure screwed this thing up. Terrible extension,  brought in no competition in the off season,  drafted no one?  Just a cluster F of mistakes. This team is so frustrating.  They can make great decisions like Cooper and then completely ignore an obvious struggling kicker?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

That fat guy would have been more interesting. Fans would have gotten behind him.

At the buffet?

1 hour ago, ShakAttack said:

How are there no better kickers available than this?

I always assumed kicker is one of those positions where there should be an abundance of unsigned talent for the simple fact that teams only keep 1 place kicker, so that's 32 jobs available in the NFL for one specific position....

SURELY there are better options that fall right outside of the top 32 than someone who went 4 for 9 on kicks of 40+, right???  I mean that is pretty much Tyler Bass!!  And this dude was kicking for LA!  At least Bass has the wind excuse.

Man.. finding a way to downgrade from Bass... that's not easy!  I gotta hand it to Beane.

Surely there are more than 10 good QBs on the planet?

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

What are the odds we draft this dude? He can punt and kick for us

Jesus just the shear length of his legs gets him about 4 yards closer on every kick then an avg. kicker! 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1