Our Weapon X

USCGBILLSFAN

41 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I think McD is the safety whisperer.  Feel like who ever we slot in at safety in this defense excels

I wonder if he McD could make a safety out of ILam seeing as they aren't using him much as a CB ?? All the praise from NFL people about his athletic traits & his speed could they do for him like the Bills of the past did for Peters and save a first round pick from being called a bust and change him into a monster safety for years to come in a Bills uni ?? 

What say you ? 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I think McD is the safety whisperer.  Feel like who ever we slot in at safety in this defense excels

It’s not true. Rapp had a good game but his big hits aren’t always going to work. He and Hamlin are awful in coverage, consistently leaving our corners on islands. The deep middle of the field has and will continue to be a problem until we get an actual cover safety back there. Hopefully Bishop is that guy or Hyde comes back. One of them hopefully can compliment Rapps wreckless assassin type of play

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, T master said:

I wonder if he McD could make a safety out of ILam seeing as they aren't using him much as a CB ?? All the praise from NFL people about his athletic traits & his speed could they do for him like the Bills of the past did for Peters and save a first round pick from being called a bust and change him into a monster safety for years to come in a Bills uni ?? 

What say you ? 

Absolutely no.  Kaiir Elam is not a good tackler and that is requirement in this scheme.  Even Damar Hamlin can tackle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Now if he can just avoid doing it to his own players...

And hopefully Bishop gets up to speed soon.  Hamlin can hold down the fort in the meantime.

Thats why hes wearing the guardian cap.  Its for everyone else's protection.  

1 hour ago, Saxum said:

Absolutely no.  Kaiir Elam is not a good tackler and that is requirement in this scheme.  Even Damar Hamlin can tackle.

But was it you that said McD was the safety whisperer ? And you can be taught the proper way to tackle right but you can't develop elite athletic skills right ?

Hamlin can tackle properly when he can catch the guy but he's out of position a lot, lacks the elite speed to be a starting safety, & is slighter in size which Elam has all of the other attributes but can't learn proper tackling technique ? Okay den .

So i take it that you were totally against the Bills moving Jason Peters from a TE to a LT to have a HOF career right ? 

What about Antwan Randle El he was a QB in college that became a great receiver, and Devin Hester he was drafted as a CB only to become one of the best kick returners in NFL history, Frank Gifford was a running back for most of his career but was changed to a WR later in his career, Ronnie Lott was a first round pick as a CB when brought into the NFL only to change to a safety, Todd Christensen was drafted as a FB but Oakland changed him to a TE only to lead the league as a TE one year, Julian Edelman was considered to be 1 of the best QB's at his school but NE thought he was under sized and changed him to a WR, Rod Woodson started his career as a CB only to later change to a safety and is in the HOF, & last Charles Woodson also changed after years of playing CB to becoming a safety .

So some of the best HOF players in the NFL's past have done it why not at least try it the guy was a first round pick and it would be a waste if they didn't try & someone else did only to become that guy in a different uniform . Just saying ...

44 minutes ago, Prospector said:

His hit on Eddie George was ridiculous 

Thanks for that i forgot what a bad ass he was for the Bills !!! 

6 hours ago, T master said:

What say you ? 

This gets brought up all the time.  All the analysis I have heard from people who know say it’s a silly idea.  Why?  Not because some cbs cannot become safeties but because cbs with a certain skill set can.  The skill set is opposite to what Elam brings to the table.  You have to be good at zone a that is where Elam struggles.  He just wants to use his athletic ability and not be a cerebral player. The bills thought they could take his man skills and add to it zone skills which requires more thinking and less athleticism.  It has not worked.  So it’s frankly a terrible idea.  

Douglass and benford could be guys who can transfer to safety but that is also a bad idea right now.