Von Miller outlook implications from the Cooper trade

Chaos

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Apologies for the awkward title. 

I love the cooper trade. It will make the games more fun to watch. Having said that I felt the Bills were going to win the AFCE without Cooper. And we we would bow out of the playoffs in the divisional round.  

Adding Cooper does not move the dial on those expectations.  

But I don’t think Beane would make this trade unless he thought the dial will be moved.  And the main thing I see they could move this dial is a return to 2022 form for Von Miller after he returns from his suspension. That plus cooper definitely would up my expectations.  

Your forgetting another very important piece of the puzzle ---- If Millano comes back and gets back to his old self before the play offs that would be a huge boost to the D then you have Ed, Tarron, if they can stay healthy, the 1 concern i have is Hamlin .

I'm hoping that they can get the rookie up to speed before the play offs & possibly bring Mika back in some capacity even if it is as a safety/veteran coach type depth player to help the young guys out, he knows the ropes and can be helpful no matter his capacity . 

2 hours ago, T master said:

Your forgetting another very important piece of the puzzle ---- If Millano comes back and gets back to his old self before the play offs that would be a huge boost to the D then you have Ed, Tarron, if they can stay healthy, the 1 concern i have is Hamlin .

I'm hoping that they can get the rookie up to speed before the play offs & possibly bring Mika back in some capacity even if it is as a safety/veteran coach type depth player to help the young guys out, he knows the ropes and can be helpful no matter his capacity . 

Milano  playing at a high level after so long of the field seems less likely to me.  I expected Oliver and Johnson to play in my initial assessment the Bills would not make a deep playoff run.   But I do think that the there is something that makes the Bills think a 11 game rental player is worth a third round pick, at this time. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I love the cooper trade. It will make the games more fun to watch. Having said that I felt the Bills were going to win the AFCE without Cooper. And we we would bow out of the playoffs in the divisional round.  

But I don’t think Beane would make this trade unless he thought the dial will be moved.  And the main thing I see they could move this dial is a return to 2022 form for Von Miller after he returns from his suspension. That plus cooper definitely would up my expectations.  

define the “dial” and the parameters for moving it

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

If fully healthy this team is absolutely a SB contender. If you don't believe that I don't know what to tell you. 

With a motivated Cooper and a load managed / rested (suspended) Von,  this team could do some serious damage....especially when Milano returns.

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Milano  playing at a high level after so long of the field seems less likely to me.  I expected Oliver and Johnson to play in my initial assessment the Bills would not make a deep playoff run.   But I do think that the there is something that makes the Bills think a 11 game rental player is worth a third round pick, at this time. 

After the loss of Diggs no one ever stepped up as the guy that Josh could depend on no matter what except maybe Shakir, that being said it will take a bit of time for Josh and Cooper to develop some chemistry .

The 1 thing that Josh will have though is Coopers history, he has already established with other lessor QB's that he is that guy so maybe the time it takes to develop that chemistry & trust between them won't take as long .

Brady also needs to use the weapons he has at his disposal ! The Jets game was the first TD for Knox & he only had 3 targets prior to that, i'm sorry but that is just wrong ! Knox has proven him self to be a dependable pass catcher before Kincaid came to be a Bill . Sure he's not going to get as many targets now but up until the last game it's like he was forgotten about as another weapon for Josh .

Ty Johnson is another one, last season he proved how good a player he was for this team and his use has been spotty at best . Sure Davis showed what he can do last game but he's getting the lions share of play after Cook, why not use both Ty & Davis keep the opponent guessing .

The Bills have the weapons, it's just putting them in a scheme where Josh can maximize all of their talents because they are going to need all of those weapons to dethrone Mahomes and go to the big show !! Brady said this is Joshes offense he needs to build it around him well we know Josh has utilized those guys talents in the past so like they said at the beginning of the year make it so .

EVERY BODY EATS !!!  

3 minutes ago, T master said:

After the loss of Diggs no one ever stepped up as the guy that Josh could depend on no matter what except maybe Shakir, that being said it will take a bit of time for Josh and Cooper to develop some chemistry .

we have cooper for 11 games plus playoffs. thats not much time, unless you think it really changes how deep the team can go in the playoffs.  

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

sorry for actually asking you to explain yourself beyond vagaries and cliches.

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

we have cooper for 11 games plus playoffs. thats not much time, unless you think it really changes how deep the team can go in the playoffs.  

Cooper just from what he has proven as a WR during his time in the NFL with his stats and what he has accomplished comes in and moves to the head of the isle as the number 1 WR in the room which after Shakir there wasn't any one else really .

There was no one else to take the pressure away from Shakir or for that matter any of the other WR's . The past 2 games prior to the Jets they took away Shakir, Kincaid, Samuel isn't at all the threat i thought he was going to be Coleman is still coming up but not there yet and Hollins isn't that guy they are for the most part very good but none elite per say .

I'm not sure that Cooper could be elite any more but he was and at the very least he has that history that he has proven what he can do so I;m hoping he has enough left to help out the team & give Josh 1 more player that the other teams have to worry about . 

And for $870k i'll go with it for now until someone else proves to be that guy ...