Chaos

The 2017 Super Bowl Philadelphia Eagles:

Coach: Doug Peterson

QB: Nick Foles, after Carson Wentz was injured

RB: LeGarette Blount

WR: Nelson Agholor, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith

TE: Zach Ertz

OL: Good, but not as good as they have recently been

Defense: One Defensive player with 9.5 sacks, second highest had 5.5. Leading DB had 3 INTs. 

Are we better than that? Because ... they won the Super Bowl over an incredible Patriots team.

This idea that KC is unbeatable unless you have an A++ roster is nonsense. It's the same mentality everyone had during the Patriots era and the Giants did it twice, the Eagles did it, the Seahawks nearly did it. Shoot, we nearly did it vs KC in the 13 seconds game then botched it. We nearly did it last year too.

You just need to get to the dance and have the ball bounce your way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Defense: One Defensive player with 9.5 sacks, second highest had 5.5. Leading DB had 3 INTs. 

Are we better than that? Because ... they won the Super Bowl over an incredible Patriots team.

This idea that KC is unbeatable unless you have an A++ roster is nonsense. It's the same mentality everyone had during the Patriots era and the Giants did it twice, the Eagles did it, the Seahawks nearly did it. Shoot, we nearly did it vs KC in the 13 seconds game then botched it. We nearly did it last year too.

And don't make any dumb coaching or play calling decisions to beat yourself like the Seahawks throwing from the 1 instead of handing it off to Lynch, who was destroying the Pat's defense at the end.

The Giants also had a bit of good fortune with the incredible Manning to Tyre play. So a little luck helps too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

yup - those handful of plays may be inconsequential or they may come at massive moments… but we are more equipped to make big plays, and less likely to blow plays now. 

This is exactly why I always advocate for more speed. Think about Deonte Harty. He was not good in a Bills uniform. He also was CRUCIAL to winning the division. He had the longest punt return in Bills history, resulting in a TD, to beat Miami by 7. If he fair catches that ball, the Bills start at their own 5. What happens if they have to punt? Are they even a wild card? 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

The Bills have handled the Jets in Buffalo.  I can't even recall the last time the Jets won there.  But Jersey has been a house of horrors.  Just witness last year.  I figured they were going to lose because of that and they were on the last leg of a 3-game road trip.  But they pulled it off and their odds to win the division skyrocketed.

Then why the thread?  Miller back at elite level and they added a true #1 WR.

The Bills also missed a PAT and FG.  That's a 2 point difference so still a 1 point win. 😊

It amazes me how that's forgotten.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Everything is possible.  That is why I refer constantly to likely outcomes. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady. He doesn't possess that drive. He is a man baby who points fingers at everyone but himself. Even his press conference at the end on Monday was embarrassing. I don't see any way he holds that team together to win 8 of 11. He is part of the problem in Jersey not part of the solution.

For me this takes the Bills from "no shot" at a Superbowl this year to "outside chance." There are still at least six teams I'd have above them in the pecking order, but if the Cooper can get up to speed and give the Bills some semblance of a vertical passing game back then on their day I think they can beat any team.

Spot on.  I don’t think this trade is the cure for the Bills, more likely it keeps JA from getting killed bc the defense can’t just smother the line of scrimmage every play.  That alone is worth the cost.    Once you make it to the playoffs, anything can happen.  I have zero thoughts in my mind of this being a legit SB team this year, but at least there is a shot in hell now.   

25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I didn't see it this year, perhaps you did,

Re: Von Miller, last year he was my most hated player. Tried playing but he was not right. Got beat on so many plays going right at where he should have been.

This year he looked serviceable in the rotation. But not better than Groot or AJ overall.

my new most hated player by the way is Hamlin. Like the man, hate his play..

It will take Cooper about 4-5 games to really get comfortable in the offense, but his presence will help us immediately because teams have to account for him. 

Right now we are still favorites for the AFCE.   If we can stay healthy, and Cooper fits in, and Miller continues to help us, and we get Milano back - we could make some noise in the post season.  

It will come down to peaking in the last two months, don't count this team out.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Re: Von Miller, last year he was my most hated player. Tried playing but he was not right. Got beat on so many plays going right at where he should have been.

This year he looked serviceable in the rotation. But not better than Groot or AJ overall.

my new most hated player by the way is Hamlin. Like the man, hate his play..

Yes, Hamlin knows the D, but is slow to execute many times.  Maybe the rookie #2 will get there sooner than later.  Let McD decide that.

19 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I think people get confused by the bounces that decide games. 

Are we really worse than last year? Well we were a split second Dawkins block on Chris Jones away from winning the Chiefs game on a Shakir touchdown. 

And if the Jets made their FGs last night? 

Things are closer than they appear. NFL is a best of one playoff. Unless you get severely outplayed, one possession wins can usually go either way. 

Bills fans in general are nervous nellies ever since Norwood. They overthink things as if we were swept in a best of seven series every year. As if we haven’t beaten the Chiefs the last 3 regular season games. 

We can easily win the SB this year, just like we could’ve won it the last few years. It’s the bounces, and the flags, and the injuries that decide games at this level. 

One needs to only look last season to this forum after the Broncos game to come to the conclusion that the majority of opinions of Bills fans, are better left ignored. 

Just stay positive and support your team. They’re due for a trophy. At this level, the Marinos and Scottenheimers are the exception, not the rule. Things balance themselves out. 

Look at you, talking all rational and stuff.  

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There are no cakewalk teams for these Jets.  Their Offense just stinks.  Steelers D is legit.  Colts, too.  Cardinals will give them trouble too.   Maybe they could handle a completely washed up Stafford.  Rodgers v Stafford would be a painful watch.

Maybe cakewalk was the wrong word.

But I think inaruguably they have a very favourable schedule compared to the Bills.

And with now Adams coming there which should help their offence a bit, I don't think it is unreasonable for them win a lot of these games against inferior opponents. 

Edited by BillsFan130