Restaurant recommendation ???

Turbo44

12 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Need help on a restaurant recommendation. Heading back to Buffalo for the UB Bulls game on Saturday then the Bills on Sunday. It’ll be the first time I’m on the UB campus since I graduated in 94 lol.

Anyway, any recommendations on a good pub/bar in williamsville or Amherst for good buffalo food and would take a reservation for a big group (like 16). Before the 3:30 game so basically a late lunch?

Elmo’s , and get the hot Cajun double dip on the pit. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There’s Bar Bill there now as well. If you’re looking to feed people wings that’s probably your best bet but it’ll be tough to accommodate that many. 

Just had a party there. Place is huge. Theres an upstairs room too.  Highly recommend 

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TPS said:

Britesmith brewing is pretty good and can accommodate a big group. Then there’s always the Glen Park Tavern. 

Great suggestions right here too!

53 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Certainly you know where DUFFS is??

It's only a half mile from UB

You know, been there since the 40s

White building, big red letters, small parking lot. Just look for Walgreens and it's across the street. 

Only problem with that one is the vibe. Small, no TVs, bar etc but if you’re just looking to pound some wings it’s great!!!

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Northtowns locations I’d recommend for this would be Amherst Ale House, Elmo’s or Audobon North.

Not so sure if they do reservations but all large enough to accommodate with Buffalo style eats. 

14 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Wingnutz also. 

Really can’t beat the location of Wingnutz or Elmo’s to UB. Not sure about Elmo’s, but Wingnutz easily has the room to accommodate 16. I would not bother with Amherst Ale House unless you want to sit in small groups at 3 or 4 different tables. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Great suggestions right here too!

Only problem with that one is the vibe. Small, no TVs, bar etc but if you’re just looking to pound some wings it’s great!!!

Go to the Duff's at Eastern Hills Mall on Transit. Close to UB. Large place with tons of sports TVs going. Traditional Duff's wings + more.

14 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Olive Garden is a nice little place. Has a really great atmosphere!

A better place is Applebee's, they have it all.  You want pasta, they got it.  Steak, yes.  Seafood, of course.  Burgers, yep.  Salad/vegan, done.  Everything to satisfy everyone in your group.  

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Need help on a restaurant recommendation. Heading back to Buffalo for the UB Bulls game on Saturday then the Bills on Sunday. It’ll be the first time I’m on the UB campus since I graduated in 94 lol.

Anyway, any recommendations on a good pub/bar in williamsville or Amherst for good buffalo food and would take a reservation for a big group (like 16). Before the 3:30 game so basically a late lunch?

Santoras Pizza , Pub and Grill in Williamsville is plenty big enough imo. You should have no problem accommodating 16, the place is huge and the food is really good imo.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Really can’t beat the location of Wingnutz or Elmo’s to UB. Not sure about Elmo’s, but Wingnutz easily has the room to accommodate 16. I would not bother with Amherst Ale House unless you want to sit in small groups at 3 or 4 different tables. 

Every time i've been to elmos during the day its a ghost town so you can probably mash some tables together.  

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Amherst Ale House has always been good

NYBP is also really good if you want to drive a few more minutes.

NYBP brunch is really good too.  Place is always mobbed but its legit.

I just went to the orchard park location and that place is ridiculous.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

28 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Every time i've been to elmos during the day its a ghost town so you can probably mash some tables together.  

NYBP brunch is really good too.  Place is always mobbed but its legit.

I just went to the orchard park location and that place is ridiculous.  

Yeah I have heard but I'm never paying that much for a brunch