Restaurant recommendation ???

Turbo44

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just go to Ted’s, Duff’s and Anderson’s….you’ll be fine! 

I can’t get into Duff’s when it’s just me. 🤷‍♂️

Main St in Williamsville has a collection of places that would work, all within walking/stumbling distance. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, TPS said:

Britesmith brewing is pretty good and can accommodate a big group. Then there’s always the Glen Park Tavern. 

I was also going to say Glen Park Tavern. Great food and atmosphere. 

21 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Gabriel’s Gate and Bar Bill.

Gabriel's Gate. Not near UB North. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gabriel's Gate is a favorite of mine and I went there the last 2 times I visited Buffalo.  That said, it's a small place with small tables.  It cannot accommodate a party of 16.  Duff's on Millersport, also a Buffalo classic and favorite, is also not a good spot for a party of 16.  Britesmith is also a very good place that I went to for the first time on a recent visit to Buffalo - they have very good food and beer, but not what I would call "traditional Buffalo food."

Amherst Ale House is pretty close to UB and has good "traditional Buffalo food" - they don't have any large tables that could accommodate 16, but if it's late afternoon (after lunch, before dinner), it's probably won't be that crowded and you could just take a bunch of tables adjacent to each other.

I have never been to Wingnutz and have not been to Elmo's in decades, but I'd go with the recommendations from the guys who live in town.  I've also never been to Duff's on Transit, but if it has Duff's food, lots of TVs and a bigger place than the one on Millersport, it's probably a good option.  Bar Bill on Main near Transit also has a large patio room that could accommodate a large group and serves wings, beef on weck, etc.

I have not lived in Buffalo for a very long time, but I've hit some of these spots on recent visits, so hopefully the insights help.  Have a great time! 

And keep the Olive Garden comments going, as I laugh every time.  Who doesn't love them some "OG" every now and then?  Unlimited salad and bread sticks.  What could be better?

Edited by msw2112

20 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Need help on a restaurant recommendation. Heading back to Buffalo for the UB Bulls game on Saturday then the Bills on Sunday. It’ll be the first time I’m on the UB campus since I graduated in 94 lol.

Anyway, any recommendations on a good pub/bar in williamsville or Amherst for good buffalo food and would take a reservation for a big group (like 16). Before the 3:30 game so basically a late lunch?

Mighty is the answer

Need help on a restaurant recommendation. Heading back to Buffalo for the UB Bulls game on Saturday then the Bills on Sunday. It’ll be the first time I’m on the UB campus since I graduated in 94 lol.

Anyway, any recommendations on a good pub/bar in williamsville or Amherst for good buffalo food and would take a reservation for a big group (like 16). Before the 3:30 game so basically a late lunch?

Mighty is the answer

Britesmith Brewing in Williamsville.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Amherst Ale House has always been good

NYBP is also really good if you want to drive a few more minutes.

New York Beer Project is just into Niagara County on Transit (78)  Can handle bigger groups just get a reservation.  They brew their own, so if you want Genny Cream ale, you better go elsewhere.  Good food, I live close and have been there many times. If the main restaurant is full, there is also a TAP room.  Also, a large upstairs available.  I have been upstairs for weddings and wakes.

I prefer NYBP to Amherst Ale.  Use to do AA for Pizza, but now I drive to Bocce, which has recovered their mojo recent days. (except at the airport)

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

New York Beer Project is just into Niagara County on Transit (78)  Can handle bigger groups just get a reservation.  They brew their own, so if you want Genny Cream ale, you better go elsewhere.  Good food, I live close and have been there many times. If the main restaurant is full, there is also a TAP room.  Also, a large upstairs available.  I have been upstairs for weddings and wakes.

I prefer NYBP to Amherst Ale.  Use to do AA for Pizza, but now I drive to Bocce, which has recovered their mojo recent days. (except at the airport)

Who would ever "want" that? I'd rather drink tainted well water next to Love Canal.

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Santora's a little further south on Transit is pretty good as well

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thats unfortunate. I’m guessing you also have to stay a few hundred yards away from school sites. 😉

It’s a lot of pages, but the lawyers explained most of it to me. I promised to be better, but they still have my picture up. 

Duffs was actually our beer drinking spot when I was still underaged. I’d go in with older buddies and get pitchers without ever being questioned. We sat at tables, so I never really realized there is little/no bar. On a trip back a few years ago it was packed with people waiting outside on a Saturday. I managed to park and thought I might grab a single seat at the bar. Nope, and I’m not going to wait that long or take up a table by myself. 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Every time i've been to elmos during the day its a ghost town so you can probably mash some tables together.  

NYBP brunch is really good too.  Place is always mobbed but its legit.

I just went to the orchard park location and that place is ridiculous.  

Fixed your post…

I just went to the orchard park location and that place is ridiculously LOUD.  Horrible acoustics.  

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a lot of pages, but the lawyers explained most of it to me. I promised to be better, but they still have my picture up. 

Duffs was actually our beer drinking spot when I was still underaged. I’d go in with older buddies and get pitchers without ever being questioned. We sat at tables, so I never really realized there is little/no bar. On a trip back a few years ago it was packed with people waiting outside on a Saturday. I managed to park and thought I might grab a single seat at the bar. Nope, and I’m not going to wait that long or take up a table by myself. 

Back in the day you could just scratch your drivers license with a key and fill in the birth year with a ball point pen. We closed Duff’s many a winters night.  

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Back in the day you could just scratch your drivers license with a key and fill in the birth year with a ball point pen. We closed Duff’s many a winters night.  

One of the many things our kids wouldn’t believe. You might have gotten away with a library card! I could have been Johnny Unitas! 😂

I remember seeing some guy just swerve into a yard and knock over the mailbox. The cops came and told him he could drive home slowly and they would just follow him. Try that these days and you get a very different response! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Britesmith is the call for sure. Great options, large enough to accommodate, great view of the roaring creek there, huge beer selection.

I was staying at the Hampton Inn right by there on Main St for the opener. They always have live music along  there, but that night I think it was “a thing” and I believe 10 different places had live music. I wish I could have hit more of it. Does anyone know if that is a regularly scheduled thing?  That would be fun if it falls right for the OP. 

7 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Go to the Duff's at Eastern Hills Mall on Transit. Close to UB. Large place with tons of sports TVs going. Traditional Duff's wings + more.

Thats normally my choice when I am back in town 😉

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Really can’t beat the location of Wingnutz or Elmo’s to UB. Not sure about Elmo’s, but Wingnutz easily has the room to accommodate 16. I would not bother with Amherst Ale House unless you want to sit in small groups at 3 or 4 different tables. 

Right on! Ale house does have a huge menu, good food, patio, and lovely sights 😉 

21 hours ago, Augie said:

I was staying at the Hampton Inn right by there on Main St for the opener. They always have live music along  there, but that night I think it was “a thing” and I believe 10 different places had live music. I wish I could have hit more of it. Does anyone know if that is a regularly scheduled thing?  That would be fun if it falls right for the OP. 

Yes, it's called "Music on Main". Unfortunately for OP, it's on Thursday nights, but only during the summer.

• Thank you (+1) 1